Dodge Challenger Forum banner

For those that ORDERED the 2014 Shaker

713K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  jimbo61 
#1 ·
Ok... How many times a day do you log into Dodge to check your VIN/Von status? And do you know your VIN/Von without having to look it up? We are a wierd lot here...

There's been so many different posts about the Shakers, it's hard to remember WHO of us ordered them. Sound Off? And What options/colors did you get. What's your current status?

Guess I'll go first?

Several times a day.. :browsmiley: Yep, memorized...:thumbsup:

I ordered Black, no stripes, 730N, Shaker package 27F, Sunroof.. Manual Tranny

Current Staus: Production Scheduled

Next???

#3 · (Edited)
I figured 8-10 weeks from the date I ordered 1/7. So end of February early March is ok by me. If it comes early that will be cool.

I waited 3 years to finally jump, shaker model was it for me.

Have you heard the sayings

Haste makes waste

Patients is a virtue

Where's the fire

Got ants in your pants

Good things come to those that wait

:popblood:

#2,714 ·
Forgot one
A watched pot won't boil.

#4 · (Edited)
Well, I took off work early when my dealer informed me the a Shaker banks finally opened!
I look every couple of days. I don't expect any changes for quite a while. Production Scheduled...

Here's what's coming:
Bright White
Radar Red Int
Stripe Delete
430 head unit
Sound group II
Auto with anti slip rear (my concession to the wife) :)
Additional options:
Classic 71 RT stripe
Fwd stripe ext from Ridergraphix (forgot the forum code though) :brickwall:
rear strobe ext from them too (thus is where the code would have come in handy)
Mopar Hood Pins
Tint

Hoping to have some more idea on Scat Pack Pricing by then too!

Kind of a throwback 71 Challenger dream car with a nod to the old AAR Cuda.
Might not be for everyone, but it's for me!

Good luck to everyone else too.

#28 ·
Where did this info come from? I sure hope this is the case!!!

#7 ·
#13 · (Edited)
I check at least a couple of times a day. I just leave a tab open and hit the refresh button. I'm guessing if production starts on the 27th that I should have it by the end of March. Its cold and snowy in NE Ohio now and the wait will give the weather time to warm up.

I ordered:
Black
Manual
Stripes

Can't wait!
Whiter

#15 ·
You can check that site all week long. I found it to be useless. I ordered mine in October and was told a 4-6 week build. 3 months later it arrived ! The system said that mine was in final inspection for almost 3 weeks! Totally useless site. It will only drive you nuts thinking that its on its way. Just sit back and tell the dealer to call you when it arrives. I was pissed because they announced the Shaker, 3 weeks after I ordered mine. They won't be making it in Granite Crystal, so I guess I will build my own.

#16 ·
I don't mind checking it.. I think its rather unique to know what stage my car is at. It's not driving me nuts but rather allowing me to look forward to the next step. Sure, I wish it was done but Im in no rush due to the weather.

#17 ·
Don't fret over it they always build the dealers orders first, have a picture of two Orange Shaker Challengers with dealers window stickers got several weeks ago, maybe after the Dealership you ordered froms cars show up, yours will soon follow! :D

#18 ·
I wondered about those two cars, and actually I think it was three of them. What dealer(s) are they going to? When you search dodge.com for Shakers, none show up as on lots or in transit. And my salesman told me my ordered car had a higher priority than his dealer stock orders.

#19 ·
I would not say they make dealer ordered cars 1st ....
when I ordered my 2013 PCP SRT last February, it rolled of the 3rd SRT PCP built - #1 was a stick went to the u.s, #2 was an auto went to the u.s. and mine was the 1st one built for all of Canada.
This has been verified by Chrysler Corp.
for reference it was overall the 26th PCP built , when they relaunched the colour, but
the others were r/t's

#21 ·
LOL, know about being first and you may also be the first "Individual" order if the 25 before yours were dealer orders also! ;)

#20 ·
It's fun to watch the build sight as your car is built...I did it every day a couple times a day when my GWE R/T Classic was being built...and when anything changed I would print it off! Mine was delayed because of paint issues caused by the tsunami in Japan (took almost 4 months to get from day I ordered), but the eta was pretty accurate as to when it showed up at the dealer...and checking on it did ease the wait...was crazy how the slightest change in status got me all excited!:D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: iamawild1
#22 ·
1st SRT PCP 2013 BUILT IN HISTORY !
DH671748
Transmission: DEC-6-Speed Manual TREMEC Transmission
Build Date: March 6, 2013 Hour 16
In-Service Date: March 18, 2013
ROANOKE MOTOR CO INC State/Province: IL
VOTS: Built - Pending Inspection (I) 03/07/2013 07:40 AM CST Brampton Assembly, ON
2nd PCP SRT BUILT - 1st AUTO IN HISTORY
DH671958
Transmission: DGJ-5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission
Build Date: March 6, 2013 Hour 17
Unsold
ASHLAND CHRYSLER State/Province: WI
VOTS: Built - Pending Inspection (I) 03/07/2013 10:34 AM CST Brampton Assembly, ON

MY CAR !! 3rd overall - 2nd AUTO - 1st IN CANADA
Transmission: DGJ-5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission
Build Date: March 7, 2013 Hour 5
In-Service Date: March 15, 2013
VOTS: Built - Pending Inspection (I) 03/07/2013 02:11 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON

#24 ·
I wonder when Bright White goes into the mix!

I'll be happy no matter what the dash plaque number is.. Well, unless it's like 3,685 or something - ha.

Back in 2008 we bought the wife a special edition FJ (1500 made). There are 3 of them we see around and it irritates the hell out of her! Prob doesn't help that I point them out... :)

#25 ·
Once they put a numbered plaque on something these days, they are going to be valuable like something that was just made without giving it thought. Rarity is what brings the money once there is a demand for the item.

#35 ·
Send a private message to him with your last name and vin number. That's what he asked me for...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.