Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Trunk lid

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  A Guy 
#1 ·
I looked on here and didn't see this discussed so...I like to use the trunk instead of having my things (lunch for work,gym gear) on my nice seats or floor. But I really hate the way the trunk opens and that it has no latch to pull shut.
Has anyone replaced or upgraded the hydraulic shock that opens the trunk lid ?? Also have you done anything that would eliminate the need to put fingers all over the trunk lid to close it ??
Thanks for your time:scratchhead:

#12 ·
Any luck? My trunk lid barely stays up with the factory struts (2015). The other day it had a small layer of snow on it (less than 1/8") and my girlfriend almost got her head knocked in, as the lid came down by itself when she was loading the boot. Really quite lucky.

Cheers

#13 ·
#19 ·
I borrowed this idea from another guy, he was selling EZ Pull Trunk Straps: go to your local fabric store, and buy about 5+ feet of inch wide nylon webbing strap, you will want extra in case you measure wrong. They make it in various colors, I chose red. Then buy a grommet kit, total spent will be about $12. Look under your trunk lid, there are 4 black knobs that hold on the lights, 2 on the left and right. Measure the distance and add 6 inches, then cut a strap to length. Fold over the ends, and add a grommet to each end. Remove the black knobs on one side, and place the strap there, and replace the knobs. Boom, EZ Pull Trunk Straps!

Reactions: blazenlo
#22 ·
So what did you order? It comes in green? :D

A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.