TUNGSTEN Challengers Stand Up & Be Counted!!! (Post Pics Too!) - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
TUNGSTEN Challengers Stand Up & Be Counted!!! (Post Pics Too!)

Please post pics of your Tungsten Challenger & list the mods (if any). Let's have fun with it!

I have an '11 R/T with Autostick. I gave the chrome clads to my brother for Xmas to put on his '10 SE & mine has Boss 338's in 5x115 now. The top of the engine cover was painted Tungsten by DaytonaKid & the red lettering on the engine cover, red/black pinstripes along the body line & red/silver 'R/T' on the spoiler were painted by Mitch Kim. Inside, I added polished pedals & a chrome 'R/T' plate on the glovebox handle (it matches the 'Challenger' dash plaque & looks OEM). I changed to throwback license plates too!
Attached Thumbnails
TUNGSTEN Challengers Stand Up & Be Counted!!! (Post Pics Too!)-rt-1.jpg   TUNGSTEN Challengers Stand Up & Be Counted!!! (Post Pics Too!)-rt-2.jpg  

2014 Challenger R/T
6-Speed
Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl
Born 10/23/2013

Last edited by pdx.challenger; 01-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a 2012 Challenger R/T in Tungsten, also with auto stick and recently swapped the stock media center 130 (RES + RSC) to the new 730N (RHR). Other than that the only mod I have thus far is swapping my stock hood scoop plugs for the functional scoops. Oh and 30% tint all around

Also, LOVE the Boss 338s! I was looking at some wheel swaps I could do as well, because I hated all the ones Dodge offered (except the SRT options) so I went with the stock R/T instead of the clad. The 338s were the only ones I was interested in thus far as they look just right to be modern and retro. I think Boss have a designer locked in their basement right now, and the management keep him thinking it's still 1974 or something I have a feeling the 338s will be my next purchase

Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by NaturallyWicky View Post
Also, LOVE the Boss 338s! I was looking at some wheel swaps I could do as well, because I hated all the ones Dodge offered (except the SRT options) so I went with the stock R/T instead of the clad. The 338s were the only ones I was interested in thus far as they look just right to be modern and retro. I think Boss have a designer locked in their basement right now, and the management keep him thinking it's still 1974 or something I have a feeling the 338s will be my next purchase
It's perfect that you have 18" wheels, because you can get Boss wheels & use the same tires (saves $$$). Old school style wheels AND rubber showing will give it a great retro appearance!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 AM

Functional air scoops? I had thought that they were functional from the factory. Or is that only on the SRT8?

Thanks,

-J
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by RootsRadical View Post
I had thought that they were functional from the factory. Or is that only on the SRT8?
Only on the SRT8 to release heat.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the clarification!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2012 Challenger 392 SRT8
Tungsten Gray with Semi-Gloss Black Factory Rally Stripes
WPA Wheels - soon to be replaced with Black/Polished iForged rims

Lots of mods installed AFTER these (stock) pictures... no recent pics though, sorry!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
2012 Challenger 392 SRT8
Tungsten Gray with Semi-Gloss Black Factory Rally Stripes
WPA Wheels - soon to be replaced with Black/Polished iForged rims

Lots of mods installed AFTER these (stock) pictures... no recent pics though, sorry!
Wow, I like the whole car as it sits with those wheels! I've never been big on the stripes over the bumpers though.

Last edited by pdx.challenger; 01-24-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:33 PM

Here is my Tungsten 2012 R/T Classic. The functional hood scoops come on all Classic package R/Ts as well as the SRT8.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Clasick12 View Post
Here is my Tungsten 2012 R/T Classic. The functional hood scoops come on all Classic package R/Ts as well as the SRT8.
Sweet! If functional scoops are to release heat & R/T's all have the same engine, why aren't the scoops all the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Tags
tungsten

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.