Originally Posted by Venthos
... Input on the changes are welcome
Looking good! Some more input:
1. In the Seach option, add a 2nd/3rd "then by" option. This would allow, for example, to sort by Color, then Build Date, then City. And will be very handy for 2009 models when you not only have the SRT models but the other trim lines as well.
2. Add an "In Service Date" column. This would be the actual purchase date of when the owner took possession. When I worked on a registry for 300C SRT owners it was interesting to see who had the very first vehicles put into service. The ISD's will be very different from the Build Dates.
3. Make a totally separate chart for 2009 models. There will eventually be thousands of listings for 2008 alone, and many more than that for 2009. Putting them together would result in a massively large database. Besides, you want to have all of the Ltd Edition 2008 models "together" in one place. In an exclusive 2008 Chart you could eliminate the "Trim" and "Year" columns, allowing for other columns if needed.
4. The Plaque numbers column will have to be designed so that both the US (xxxx/6400) and the Canadian models (xxx/500) will sort correctly. It may take separate columns to do this, one for "0001" and one for "001". Or, if you want to use one column, use "0001" for US and "C001" for Canada. You could save column width room by eliminating "/6400" and "/500".
5. Column width could also be conserved, if need be, by changing the Year to 2 digits (i.e. "2007" to "07").
6. I'm not sure how you plan to address typo's, whether that will be left to the owner who posted, or if you or someone will oversee this. In some cases typo's can/will upset the sort sequences. Two that I see now are Vin 200110 (s/b 289110) and Vin 689454 (s/b 289454).
It looks like Vin 290497 will be the first on the list (so far) to be built (05/06/08). This column is going to start filling up real fast and will be interesting to watch, hopefully owners will update their information as it becomes confirmed.
Keep up the good work, this is going to be one incredible source of information, and I predict it will become THEE registry source for the new Challenger.