Unofficial Dodge Challenger Registry - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Ted@AllUSA

Re: Unofficial 2008 Challenger Tracker

Great site, definitely made it into my favorites!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Originally Posted by Ted@MPSC View Post
Great site, definitely made it into my favorites!
Thanks
I plan to do the same once i get a vin

Current Mods:
Carbon Fiber Nose Emblem, Spoiler Badge,
Strut Covers, Plate Frame, & Door Sill Plates
HURST Shifter, Spec P-Trim Clutch

Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Originally Posted by 425hpChargerSRT8 View Post
I plan to do the same once i get a vin
Great site !! Thanks Venthos. Wish I had some info. to post there, but as you know, Canadians are being kept in the dark. I'm still being assured I have the first one coming in to my dealership,(Halifax Chrysler Dodge, ) but they can't tell me when. No tracking available.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Working on Version 2.0 behind the scenes

What you guys asked for:

-Build Date :: Added
-Color Coded Paints :: Added
-State/City/Country :: Modified/Added
-Expand to include 2009, 2010, and beyond Challengers :: In Progress

As part of the 2009+ models, I'm going to have to re-do the way the factory options are listed since they'll be more than 3 simple options for 2009+. Thinking of that plus Kelsey73 mentioning the ability to list mods has me thinking of how I can fit all that in easily.

I'm thinking of removing Sunroof/Nav/Tires columns and changing them to two columns.

Factory (Contains list about factory selected options)
Mods (Contains list of owner's own modifications)

I won't go into exactly how the content is going to be displayed, but I am not sure how I should go about allowing users to list their mods. How did the Shelby site do it, Kelsey73? Was it kind of an "open" text box that you just made your own list or did it have designated mods you could specify

Exhaust:
Headers:
Intake:

etc.

Also, if anyone else has any other recommendations let me know. None of the stuff I've mentioned is "live" yet. I'm working on the new version behind the scenes still.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 PM

The text box is a good idea. When I put my car in the registry it was an open text box for both the options and mods. I really wish it was up so we could use it as a guide, but it's not quite ready.

Thanks again this is a really cool thing your doing!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Exhaust:
Headers:
Intake:
Heads:
Cam:
Tires:
etc...

Great additions, I would do like i have listed above. That way you can just basically list your brand, or N/A. That would probably be the best way to organize it.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Alright. With the site becoming fairly popular I've invested time in making it more robust.

Go ahead and visit the URL again for Version 2.0 of the site.

Unofficial Dodge Challenger Tracker

It is now possible to create 2008 and 2009 models (Though I don't know what the factory options will be for the '09s, so you can't select those yet) as well as all of the other features you guys wanted to see in there.

One of the new main things are the hover-over pop-ups. Hover over the color block, the word "Factory" or the order status code for a hover-over pop-up with more information.

The only feature that I had planned on sticking in there that isn't in there yet are the mods.

I'm still not entirely sure how I want to pursue allowing user input on them without making the hover-over pop-ups confusing and unreadable. But that aside, everything should be added.

If you guys have anything else you want to see in there, let me know. I'm pondering adding a field for users to put in their email for [1] Password reset reasons and [2] Perhaps allowing people to set 'alerts' to watch for things to happen. Haven't decided yet.

Input on the changes are welcome
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,371 Times in 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Venthos View Post
... Input on the changes are welcome
Looking good! Some more input:

1. In the Seach option, add a 2nd/3rd "then by" option. This would allow, for example, to sort by Color, then Build Date, then City. And will be very handy for 2009 models when you not only have the SRT models but the other trim lines as well.

2. Add an "In Service Date" column. This would be the actual purchase date of when the owner took possession. When I worked on a registry for 300C SRT owners it was interesting to see who had the very first vehicles put into service. The ISD's will be very different from the Build Dates.

3. Make a totally separate chart for 2009 models. There will eventually be thousands of listings for 2008 alone, and many more than that for 2009. Putting them together would result in a massively large database. Besides, you want to have all of the Ltd Edition 2008 models "together" in one place. In an exclusive 2008 Chart you could eliminate the "Trim" and "Year" columns, allowing for other columns if needed.

4. The Plaque numbers column will have to be designed so that both the US (xxxx/6400) and the Canadian models (xxx/500) will sort correctly. It may take separate columns to do this, one for "0001" and one for "001". Or, if you want to use one column, use "0001" for US and "C001" for Canada. You could save column width room by eliminating "/6400" and "/500".

5. Column width could also be conserved, if need be, by changing the Year to 2 digits (i.e. "2007" to "07").

6. I'm not sure how you plan to address typo's, whether that will be left to the owner who posted, or if you or someone will oversee this. In some cases typo's can/will upset the sort sequences. Two that I see now are Vin 200110 (s/b 289110) and Vin 689454 (s/b 289454).

It looks like Vin 290497 will be the first on the list (so far) to be built (05/06/08). This column is going to start filling up real fast and will be interesting to watch, hopefully owners will update their information as it becomes confirmed.

Keep up the good work, this is going to be one incredible source of information, and I predict it will become THEE registry source for the new Challenger.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:02 AM

Really well done my friend! The changes look good. I don't know if this can be done, but maybe instead of the hover over type boxes for the mods/options you could make it so that the user has to click the mods/options on the car they want to bring up that hover over box. This should help the clutter and simplify things a bit.

Other than that looks great!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanks ResumeSpeed, I appreciate the input.

[1] Added

[2] Added

[3] Will be working on separating the model years tonight. Also will be adding pagination to keep things clean.

[4] The behavior is already there due to how I setup the backend database. I simply have now added in the search type (500 / 6400) into the sort boxes so you can sort based off the limited edition number. i.e. for the first box you can choose "500 / 6400" then "number" for the second. That will then produce a list that is first sorted by the 'cap' (500, then 6400) and then sorted within by the vehicle plaque number.

[5] Good idea. Order/Built/Service dates are now displayed as mm/dd/yy as opposed to mm/dd/yyyy -- might do this for the model year, too.

[6] As I am not personally aware of what VINs would be typos or what not I hadn't really planned on much other than trusting the users would be accurate. I've just now corrected the typos you've identified. I figure I'll create a basic form mail link people can fill out to report mistakes. Or, if someone who is able to identify typos like invalid VINs and such to any reliable degree wants to take a 'moderator' job on the registry, I could code in an admin login pretty quick to permit someone to globally modify 100% of the cars. I simply don't have the means by myself to identify what VINs are correct and such.

---

Also, I think it may be about time for me to drop a few dollars on a proper domain name for the registry as opposed to piggy backing one of my personal domains.

Any ideas of domains that would be available? Some potentials:

challengertracker.com
dodgechallengerregistry.com
thechallengerregistry.com
dodgechallengertracker.com
unofficialchallengerregistry.com

challengerregistry.com appears to be already taken.

Definitely open to suggestions as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.