Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Upgrades or modifications

949 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  capt50ft 
#1 ·
before performing any modification or attempts at upgrading your vehicle with options like automatic headlamps, radio steering wheel mounted controls etc

you are best to make sure the option codes can be added to your vin number, because your neighbor did it doesnt mean the code can be added,

if it cannot your wasting time, effort and money......

Luke

#2 ·
Let me guess, Someone did this and came to the dealership wondering why theirs is not working??

#3 ·
So the dealer should be able to see if its possible by running the vin? Is it through witech or star scan? My local dealers always act like I'm trying to get Apollo 13 back to earth when I ask them if things are possible. Lots of waiting and, we will need to call the regional guys about that. It's a real roll of the dice most times here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
So the dealer should be able to see if its possible by running the vin? Is it through witech or star scan? My local dealers always act like I'm trying to get Apollo 13 back to earth when I ask them if things are possible. Lots of waiting and, we will need to call the regional guys about that. It's a real roll of the dice most times here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

if you send me the last 8 of the vin and the code your trying to add, will added for free, if its there to add
thanks
Luke

#9 ·
Luke, You assisted and sold me my Fogs on my 2011 SE last year, I took it to my dealer and had the Fog lights added and they were able to add the "Auto Headlights". I'm pleased about that and find that Dodge has since taken that option away (Dodge has a lot of explaining to do on that one), But my question is; If I take my car in to be serviced and they have to update the computer, could I loose my auto headlight option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.