Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What did you do to your Challenger today??

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  Jkviper 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious what you did to your Challenger today. Post up the details and share some pictures of things you've done to your Challenger today.

--------

See less See more
#2,753 ·
Now This is FUN!

I've taken her to work all week and it's been a blast love scaring people on the highway especially revving it in the underpasses :browsmiley: and the occasional rubber strips being left behind... hehe
I've been doing this since the 70's!
Every time when going through an underpass, if you do not stomp on your gas pedal then, you must be one hell of a depressed SOB! The best things in life are free.........

#7 ·
I was going to start a thread and wright about this but when I saw yours it seemed to fit.
It all started with the ladies in the office wanting starbucks this morning. I said I would by them all coffee since I'm a nice boss and its Friday so I was on my way down to get it and noticed a buddy of mine was also driving his car. We have been wanting to line them up and race for a while and it's definitely getting to the end of our driving season so when I saw him I thought well today must be the day. I brought the gals their drinks and called him. He was not far from my office so he came over and headed out to a spot that was suitable to race. He has a 03 Shelby that he has done some work to put a bigger SC on and some other mods. So we lined up the first time and with the excitement of the "race" we both did a poor job. I mashed the gas so hard from the start that I smoked the tires bad he missed the shift from first to second I won yeah. Evic said 12.9 @ 112 We went to the end of the road where there was a little bar and talked a bit. I said I had been practising my take off but it must be a little like sex. You think your doing good by your self then you try the real thing and find out how bad you really are:) We checked out each others ride then headed back for more action.
Round two: His turn to start us I did better starting but still left a big cloud of smoke. He got me by a car length in the end. We ran around 13.1 @ 113
Round three: I got a good start and he missed two gears I got him by a bunch that time. I could tell that if all was good he had more power and could pull me a little. I forgot to reset the Evic:(
Round four: We both had good runs he left a little bit ahead of me and I couldn't make up any ground I ran a 12.3 @ 116 he had a full car on me the whole way.
It was a lot of fun, we stopped and talked again and I told him I had made plans to go to some tracks this summer with some guys I know in the Black Hills and he is going to come along. Can't wait for some new tires. But i think I need more power or less weight to beat him. Here is a pic of our cars.

Attachments

#226 · (Edited)
That isn't any 03 Shelby. They didn't start making that style Mustang until 05. It's definitely a Shelby from the grill and has the snake, etc. but I bet it's an 05 or later.......

#8 ·
I sat in her and drove to the bank. I had to stare when I got out and again when I was getting back in. I did install hood struts and functional scoops, but that was a few weeks ago...

Reactions: gearset807
#9 ·
Installed my new BT door sill guards - black anodized with new-school "Challenger R/T" on them. They look very classy. Then I went over her with my California Duster, did the glass exteriors with a Swiffer, and cleaned the inside of the windshield with a spray glass cleaner.

Then I stood there and stared at her for a few minutes.

#11 ·
Yesterday I uncovered my R/T first time in 3 weeks looked at it for a while then backed it out of the garage and let it run and warm up. After that I removed the hood prop brace since I installed the hood lift cylinders. First modification rest will have to wait till spring.

Marc

#12 ·
I gave her the first detail on Wednesday and today went back over her with the quick detailer spray and did the interior windows. One of my friends is coming into town tonight. He drives an '05 Mustang and has been rebuilding a '67 Mustang for the last few years. Need to make sure the Mopar shines!

#14 ·
I beat the snot out of an XKE

I felt just like Kowalski doing it. :thumbsup:

How often do you come across a mid-sixties XKE...at a stoplight...that obviously wants to show off? Once in a lifetime I'd estimate. Needless to say it really wasn't much of a race. The Jag gave up by the time I shifted to 3rd.

Very nice car and I hope my Challenger looks that good when it's 45 years old!

At the next light we gave each other thumbs up before heading our separate ways. Cool guy that doesn't mind thrashing such an expensive vintage car. :cool:

#15 ·
Installed 3.92 Getrag

I finished installing a 3.92 Getrag. The car is a beast. Shined it up to go to the track and break into the 11's tomorrow.

Reactions: JT-RacerX5273
#21 ·
HAHA yeah it finally left the shop. I think the stealership was about to charge me for storage space in their shop. I may get a good week or two to drive it until I store it with my other cars for the winter :(

#24 ·
I had a decal made today that I want to put on the rear spoiler. It says "Thunder Pumpkin" and is done in a blaze font. The letters are in Orange that is close to body color. I think it will stand out good against the satin black SRT spoiler. My only issue now is where to put it, on the left side or centered over the back-up light. Either way it should add about 15 more horsepower, just like my K&N short ram CAI did.:liar:

#25 ·
As luck would have it I had a scheduled vacation day and it was 70 degrees here in Ohio. I gave it a good washing and waxing and a good cruise. Turned a few heads driving which is always fun.

Why do we have to have winter??? Oh well, tomorrow will be 67 degrees so I will enjoy the weather AND the car...

#26 ·
Strut covers, & Nose badge today. And a complete engine pic

Attachments

#595 ·
Wow great looking engine and coloring. Love the nose badge too.