What the hell did i buy? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
What the hell did i buy?

Hi everyone new member here and here is my first post and story of how I got my new baby, whatever it is!
So I got a flyer in the mail from an out of town dealer, but not too far away, and it had a key on it and a scratch off area! Well wouldn't you know my numbers matched, imagine that, and I just needed to come in to claim my prize, ranging from $25 cash to a grand prize of a pair of ram pick ups or $100,000! Well a couple days later I had nothing to do that Saturday so I went for a ride on my Harley and took my flyer with me. So I walk in give them my flyer and I am told to spin the video roulette wheel to see what my prize is, I spin and win a $50 gift certificate which isn't really a gift certificate but a free oil change smh. Then I am asked if I would like to test drive a car and that if I do I will get a chance to win $500 by playing the bag toss game, make all 3 win the cash! They ask is there anything on the lot I would like to look at so I said yeah I like that jacked up ram out front so we go look at it. It was nice and the sales guy says so you want to drive it, to which I replied what is sticker price on this thing? He looks and wouldn't you know it's 50k, lol yeah I don't think so especially since I just got the wife a used ltz 2500 hd. I tell the guy about the wife's truck and how I really just came to claim my prize and no way in hell I could afford another payment especially one that's higher than my wifes or my Harley.
So here is where the story really gets good, as we start walking back to the showroom I see this b5 blue 2015 challenger r/t on the used lot and I say hey I will test drive that so I can at least throw the bags, and for a chance to drive one for the first time! Well we go for a drive and the sales guy says punch it and see what it will do, so I did and I instantly felt like a 16 yo kid again! Well I played a little and even took it up to 100 before heading back, needless to say I was hooked and had to have it especially since my daily driver was a pos 06 sentra closing in on 200k and needing money dropped into it! Heavy, my sales guy nickname, says to me "So should we go inside and see what we can do for you?" Now I'm thinking to myself there is no way I can afford this payment even on a used 2015 with only 4000 miles on it for $35k but I say well we could at least see what kind of payment you can get me, my life is structured on payments! I tell them about my trade in and how I would love to get 2k for it even though I doubt it's worth it and really don't have any other down payment but that I have perfect credit and should be able to get a good intrest rate. I give him all my pertinent details and then sit and wait while he goes off to do the sales man thing. Quite some time passes and he finally returns with another getleman who happens to be the big corporate money guy there to make deals happen for this big sales promotion. He introduces himself and sits down with his piece of paper and says this what we can do on that used challenger, I look at the paper and he proceeds to tell me that with my trade in at 2k and another 2k down payment and 508 a month for 72 months I could drive away in the car I had started to fall in love with! I look at him and say nope not gonna happen but thanks anyways. To which he replies "Well how much can you afford" to which I say I could probably swing $300 a month if I didn't but any lunches at work anymore, I am kind of a big guy myself, to which we all laugh and then he says well let me go see what I can do and leaves to the back somewhere. I tell my sales guy Heavy if I didn't have my bike payment I would be buying that new shaker r/t on the showroom!
After a little more time goes by Heavy takes me outside where the deal maker guy sits with a brand new white and flat black 2015 r/t that is absolutely stunning and tells me to take it on a test drive while he goes back inside to try and sweeten the deal for me. Ok let's go see what this one will do! Now I did not even see the sport button the first test drive and Heavy tells me to push it and give it hell to which I do and boy does the thing work, before you know it we are doing over 100 again and it feels like we are only doing 70! Then I pull off to an old quiet side road with no traffic and look at Heavy and say if you seriously want me to buy this 40k car I need to see what it can do and proceed to turn off the traction control. He looks at me with big eyes and says we really aren't supposed to do this but I have always wanted to, then I proceed to do a big brakestand bouncing the rev limiter accidentally a couple times and after about fifteen seconds of that I let off the brake and we are off like a rocket on our way up to 130 before I shut it down! So after burning a quarter tank of gas in a short period of time and a bit of rubber from the 2 big tire tracks I left we go back to the money man and sit down again. Heavy tells him about my bike payment and that if I didn't have it we would probably have a deal to which he says well let's trade in the bike! Um hell no I say but he says what if we buy it but sell it back to you for a dollar and I say "What you talking bout Willis"
Well to make a long story longer they paid off my bike, gave me my 2k for my trade in, 5k in rebates for buying a new car and I'm not sure what else, took some money off their 40k sticker price tacked on the balance of what I owed on the bike plus a dollar took it all out for 84 months at 3.9% with no money down and I got my dream car for $280 more a month than what I was paying for my bike, and now hold the title too!
Now here is the funny part ok, the car had 100 miles on it, test drives I assume, but it never had a window sticker anywhere so I never did see all the options it had, although it is pretty loaded. They told me it's a new 2015 r/t but I think not after joining this group and doing more research! What the hell did I buy???? It has an r/t emblem on the grill and the flat black hood stripes with a big r/t on it, it has a 5.7 hemi a8 auto, limited slip diff according to the 2 big ass black tracks it left on my test drive burn out, from being on here i have learned it has the driver convenience package with the hid's 8.4 uconnect navigation, 20" rims the nice soft leather, can't remember what they call it, heated and vented seats and heated steering wheel, power telescoping and tilt wheel, sunroof, hands-free everything, phone text Bluetooth nav 911 at a button back up camera, blind spot warning, pretty much everything but the electronic stability control button and that cool track mode button!
So I go back a couple days later so they can program my new extra key fob since I only got one at purchase and tell them I want my original window sticker, which they have to order, so I can see all the options I have and what model I have, r/t or r/t plus. Well I finally get a girl there who says she can print me off a copy of my vin and all the options but I still have to wait for my original window sticker which I'm fine with just please tell me what I have! So she goes to the printer and brings me a couple sheets of paper and says ok your good to go, I say thank you and start to walk out while looking at the top sheet. Guess what... According to the paper I have a 2015 challenger sxt plus! This can't be I think it has a hemi and r/t badging, sure as hell performs like a fully loaded r/t! So I go ask the head sales guy what they are trying to pull on me? He says it's an r/t with the sxt plus package which saves me like 3k and I'm like oooook?
Now I'm not sure what I have but either way I still love it and I love the fact I now have the title to my bike and that I'm only paying $280 a month more than I was paying for my bike! Oh one more thing, the paperwork I got shows the car was in at 48 miles for a recall and warranty work for a transmission solenoid! All I know is it had 98 miles when I test drove it and am now at 643 miles and had no issues, have hit a top speed of 142 and it was still climbing fast but had to shut it down for lack of road and somewhat nervous of still being fairly new, had a best 5.6 0 to 60 with only 5 tries since I just found that option, and have done 3 burn outs longer than I probably should have, all with no problems and on my 3rd full tank of gas lol! :- ) Oh and I just had the Windows tinted and a R/T graphic my buddy made installed, my first of many mods, exhaust being the next one! So again I ask, WHAT THE HELL DID I BUY?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_191917_HDR_1458877566407.jpg
Views:	3697
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	644017   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_192353_HDR_1458877620232.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	644025   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_192315_HDR_1458877674513.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	644033   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_192049_HDR_1458877731079.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	644041   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_192031_HDR_1458877799135.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	472.4 KB
ID:	644049  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160324_121051_HDR_1458877863944.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	644057  
The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky D For This Useful Post:
pdx.challenger (03-26-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:28 PM

Beautiful car man. I love the traditional white and black

Congratulations

"When in doubt, when in fear, drop a gear and disappear."
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:33 PM

I died 3 hrs into the first run on sentence.

enjoy your new challenger...

My past fun cars..

3 1965 GTO's and an 05 GTO
1 00 GTP
3 TA's 76/85/01
2 Mustangs 96 GT and 04 Mach1
3 Hemi ram trucks 03/12/14 Bighorn
5 Corvettes /07/11/ 12/13/15
TRADED
2012 Challenger SRT 6sp manual.
Traded
2013 arctic white corvette 6 speed manual.
2015 Corvette Stingray Sold 8 15 2015
Traded
2015 RT 392 Scat Pack M6 Torred. stripper.
Current
2016 R/T Scat pack 392 Shaker. Bright White SPAG M6 (1 of 306)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hawkgfr For This Useful Post:
BlkSEbase (03-26-2016), Czechman (03-25-2016), darkrt (03-18-2017), Hell Ride (03-25-2016), JJBBQ (03-25-2016), Madcoder (03-28-2016), NORADIO (03-25-2016), osiapstndp (03-25-2016), PSM450 (03-24-2016), raceheart77 (03-26-2016), randy16randy (03-19-2017), RWL11 (03-25-2016), the11thday (03-25-2016)

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:33 PM

Not to worry. My 2015 Challenger Shaker R/T also states Dodge Challenger SXT on the window sticker. It's a 5.7 Hemi. I ordered it myself. It's just the way they do the R/T.
Terry
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:34 PM

That has got to be the craziest dealer story I've ever heard. Here's what I think you got.

1) That's probably a used car. Someone bought it new, had an issue (either with the car or with making the payments) and decided to trade it back for whatever reason. Nevertheless, you say it only has 100 miles on it, so it's used, but almost new.

2) It's clearly badged as an R/T, but it's not a shaker because otherwise you'd have a shaker hood. Now, the previous owner might have rebadged an SXT as an R/T, but you'll know that by lifting the hood. If it's a V6 engine under there, it's an SXT. If it's the 5.7 liter V8, it's an R/T.
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgfr View Post
I died 3 hrs into the first run on sentence.

enjoy your new challenger...

hahaha
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Damn grammar nazi's! Lol and I got it with no money down and $280 a month so really don't care if it's used with only 100 miles. And it is definetly a Hemi! I have wanted a Challenger ever since they first started making them again and it is way better than my 69 sport satellite I had when I was 18!
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:55 PM

My window sicker. Note the SXT designation underneath the Base Price ($26K) box.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 RT Sticker (2).pdf  
The Following User Says Thank You to terrywalker For This Useful Post:
Ars (03-26-2016)
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 11:01 PM

Glad you got what you were wanting... but 84 months of payments... yikes... Yea they paid off your bike but all they did was roll your remaining bike loan payment into your car loan and they'll be making thousands more off you on interest for it over the next 84 months. I'm sure its more convenient having one lump payment sprawled out over a longer period of time but in the future they got great interest rate calculators online that you can use that show you what your actually going to end up paying over the life of the loan when interest and number of months is considered!

09' Hemi Orange Challenger R/T w 6sp
Mods:
SRT Chin Spoiler / Colorshift Halo Rings / Plastidipped Wheels
Matte Black Rear Spoiler / Katzkin Interior / Catless Mids
SRT Chin Spoiler / Resonators Removed / Mopar CAI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Challenger5.7 For This Useful Post:
Hell Ride (03-25-2016)
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 11:11 PM

Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,183 Posts
Looks like an R/T Plus, all 2015 5.7L R/T's are SXT's with the R/T option. That is normal and nobody rebadged anything. Also no LSD, that's just the traction control trying to even out out wheelspin working for you. You got paddle shifters on steering column? If so, then you have Super Track Pack, hard to tell from pics. The wheels are shiny so you might not have it, the STP comes with same wheels but Hyperblack finish. Congrats, I love that White with the hood decal.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2016 SRT 392 - Billet Silver, Black Stripes, A8, Tech Group ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slidd For This Useful Post:
Beachlovers2 (03-29-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode