Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What's your Car's Name?

54K views 123 replies 102 participants last post by  WranglerJR 
#1 ·
Naming your car is probably one of the first things you do once you get it. It says a lot about your connection and appreciation to it.

So what's your car's name and why? :)

#32 ·
Mine is named Christine,because she was built on Friday the 13. 11/13/15. ?

Reactions: Geno22
#34 ·
I never had the urge to name my car. My boat is Triple Play, probably because its hull number is 333. But it is a 30 foot sailboat and naming them is usual and expected from an ID perspective.

I have been struggling with whether or not to get a vanity plate though, and whether that should reflect the car...something like JAZ BLU (six is the limit in MA)...or more personal like BOBSRT...or MPCSRT (my companies initials are MPC).

#39 ·
My car's name is GoMachine. All one word. I love her to death.

#41 ·
I name my cars to better reference them with my wife and kids. Since you asked my Challenger's name is ONYX for obvious reasons. It may be a little girl thing to do but I have three girls. SO WHAT????

#42 ·
I named her "Renny", short for Renegade, the totemic song of the Steelers' defense....gotta stay consistent with the theme, right?

#43 · (Edited)
My RT answers to "HellKitty" so there. My car has an official name so that proves its not a little girl thing to name your car,just don't ask me what I think about a back window full of stuffed toy animals. I am waiting on someone to name their car Brad,you know the insurance girl commercial that makes one sick to listen to?

#45 · (Edited)
Every car I ever owned is named Daisy, the reason for this is first and foremost, my Father alway called his cars Daisy, since I was a young boy at the time I grew attached to that name. especially as my father always drove very old second hand cars in the 80s, some nice cars but always old and and gave trouble, my 2 favorite he had were a Red Mark 3 Cortina Estate, and a Metallic Green Mark 1 Ford Capri, pretty much identical to the one shown on the wikipedia page under Mark 1, that Capri is still my favorite car that we ever had but it was a gas guzzler.

Well cutting a long story short, the car would struggle to start particularly the Cortina Estate, and he always speak to it lovingly and caress the dashboard like he was petting a Dog, "Come on Daisy down me let down", and they would always start for him in the end and he'd say "Good girl Daisy, your my little dancer" and chuckle. So I have fond memories of the name and would never dream of calling my car anything else.

The funny part is, all my brothers (3), do the same. So we have to Mark our Daisy, I'm on Daisy Mark 34, and oldest Daisy in the Family is a Mark 29. My uncle took the Capri and later sold it to a collector from the UK, who paid more that my father paid for it, 10 years previously.

The Cortina used to be the unofficial soccer team bus. There would be 12 kids in it driving half way round the county, no seat belts in those days.

I'm pretty sure the Cortina didn't even have seat belts in the back, I cried the day he she was scrapped but the Capri quickly took her place. The bench seat from the Cortina was sold from the scap yard to the Grease Stage Musical and the seat was used on stage in Dublin's Gaiety Theatre for the show run in the late early 90's sometime.

Cars are always female to me as well, its funny how you can get attached to a car, I never get attached to any other machines or objects, just my cars.

#50 ·
She's big.

She's black.

She's worth a lot of money.

I call her Oprah.

Heh heh...

#56 ·
My Hemi Oranage SRT is called BigO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.