What we know for 14? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
What we know for 14?

So ive been reading allpar, and it looks like a number of vehicles will be getting the 8 spd among other upgrades. What do we know about the 2014 Challenger as of now? I know this has been debated before but just wondering what everones thoughts are.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
6.2l MDS supercharger.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2015 376 cu-in SRT S/C Hellcat Torred (ordered; BX)
2012 392 cu-in SRT8 Tungsten - 12.847 @ 109.89 mph
2010 370 cu-in SRT8 Torred - 12.604 @ 112.11 mph (Spartan Cam) / 12.817 @ 110.05 mph
2009 345 cu-in R/T Torred - 13.291 @ 103.67 mph

Bolt-On Mod Information
#3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Is that 100% certain? If they throw that motor in the Challenger, then that means the Charger AND 300 are getting it...I thought that motor was gonna be what made the stand alone SRT CUDA special, much like the ZR1 Vett's engine is special, and the Shelby...putting that thing in four different cars really kills the cool factor when comparing to the competition. Hell, it would even go in the JEEP if they put it in the Challenger.

Last edited by Rpaulg87; 11-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I don't think we know ANYTHING for certain. We hear rumors of this and that but nothing officially from Chrysler. I would imagine the LA Auto Show in January we will know what it will be.

TorRed SE Model purchased: 2/05/09 (gone but not forgotten)
TorRed R/T Classic ordered: 4/06/13
R/T Classic born on: 6/04/13
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
#5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I feel certain RS mentioned there'll be a special edition '14 Challenger with a 6.2L.

Born 10/23/2013
#6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpaulg87 View Post
Is that 100% certain? If they throw that motor in the Challenger, then that means the Charger AND 300 are getting it...I thought that motor was gonna be what made the stand alone SRT CUDA special, much like the ZR1 Vett's engine is special, and the Shelby...putting that thing in four different cars really kills the cool factor when comparing to the competition. Hell, it would even go in the JEEP if they put it in the Challenger.
So far it is projected for the LC (Challenger), LD (Charger), LX (300), and LA (unknown large car) platforms (the RAM and BT platforms are listed too). The only confirmation so far is the motor is listed in Chrysler parts.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...-2-hemi-update

I could see this in the 300 to make it competitive against the CTS-V lineup. Charger is in it's own world and the Challenger has it's competition cut out for it with Camaro and Mustang.

#7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Can anyone estimate the probability of a new interior in '14?
#8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzazoo View Post
So far it is projected for the LC (Challenger), LD (Charger), LX (300), and LA (unknown large car) platforms (the RAM and BT platforms are listed too). The only confirmation so far is the motor is listed in Chrysler parts.

News: 6.2 Hemi, Barracuda update

I could see this in the 300 to make it competitive against the CTS-V lineup. Charger is in it's own world and the Challenger has it's competition cut out for it with Camaro and Mustang.

The Challenger\Charger\300 all weigh the same, the Baracuda is being designed specifically TO BE lighter so it is on par weight wise with the Mustang\Camaro (we weigh like what, 400-600lbs more?), I can't see the Challenger with the Cuda's new motor beating the Shelby\ZL1, the Cuda I can (it better at least compete, not sure if it will beat the Shelby), lets not forget how much power those motors push, and Dodge does doesn't really have have a huge history of super-charging.

Last edited by Rpaulg87; 11-19-2012 at 06:25 AM.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 AM

Don't have to beat them, just fight them. There's a big difference between being in the race at all and being so outclassed that you don't even show up.

As long as the Challenger is legitimately in the fight mixing it up is what counts the most. A heavier car being a tad slower is only natural and no honor lost there.

I think overall Dodge has done a decent job upping the power of the car 6.1-6.4-6.2SC? Maybe not the fastest but seats 5 and certainly the most comfortable. I'd have to take TWO mustangs to take my family to the park.

2013 RAM 1500 Express Hemi 5.7 Silver
2012 R/T 6-speed Pitch Black
2010 SE TorRed Rallye - gone but not forgotten
#10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM

You think there is any chance there will be a significant increase in the R/T horsepower output?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode