What would you buy? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can't go wrong with either, and they each have their own Pro's as others here have stated. Just get one!

Lisa | Owner | Speedlogix
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - gone
2011 Challenger SRT - gone
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - gone
2009 Challenger R/T - gone
2006 300 SRT - gone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,452 Times in 912 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes the warranty is transferrable.
The Corvettes are beautiful but you do fall into them and then have to climb out when at your destination.
Where are you from?

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

#13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket 2012 View Post
Yes the warranty is transferrable.
The Corvettes are beautiful but you do fall into them and then have to climb out when at your destination.
Where are you from?
Good to know, thanks. I'm in Spokane, WA and my dad is a little north of me. We've found a couple we're interested in with 8000-14000 miles on them. My dad test drove a R/T and said it was just a little flat on top compared to his vette but he really enjoyed how solid the car felt. The tires were flat spotted bad and he said that the vibrations through the steering wheel and drivetrain ruined the test drive for him so he cut it short. Theres not a lot to pick from in our area at the moment so we're looking at probably heading to Seattle or Portland. It won't be the first time we've had to do that.

I saw a 6.1 on youtube with a cam change that sounded like it was from the 70's, what would that cost to do?
#14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:18 PM

SRT or R/T? Hmmm they are both nice and have their own plus and minuses. More power or better gas mileage? Less filling or tastes great? I have a 6 speed R/T that I’m perfectly happy with, it’s not heavily modded, drives and rides nice, and when I take a trip on the highway I getting 26/27 MPH.
Sounds like you are truly committed to purchasing one and if you plan on modding the engine from Jump Street you might as well go for a used Challenger, this is my opinion.
#15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 PM

OOps, should have read I get 26/27 MPG
#16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 PM

(Thread Starter)
Ok so after researching and convincing my dad we are going to wait and pocket cash and get a 392. Either a used one or closeout even if that means waiting up to two years. As much as that sucks I think we will be rewarded big time by our patience. Thanks and bye for now!
#17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrider68 View Post
Ok so after researching and convincing my dad we are going to wait and pocket cash and get a 392. Either a used one or closeout even if that means waiting up to two years. As much as that sucks I think we will be rewarded big time by our patience. Thanks and bye for now!

Like other guys are saying here, Dodge just released info that a "core" SRT model will be available soon. for around 38k, with some dealing, you should be able to bring it down to 35, makes no sense to mark up or not deal on a "Core" model, but i'm sure some retard dealer will try. There are plenty, that will give you that deal on a brand new 392 in just a few months. You can go order a plum crazy one today, 500 bucks down. DO IT!!! lol

Stock 2013 Plum Crazy R/T w/1970 R/T 'Appearance Package'

Pull to the Right Please.....

Pure Power

#18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSEbase View Post
Like other guys are saying here, Dodge just released info that a "core" SRT model will be available soon. for around 38k, with some dealing, you should be able to bring it down to 35, makes no sense to mark up or not deal on a "Core" model, but i'm sure some retard dealer will try. There are plenty, that will give you that deal on a brand new 392 in just a few months. You can go order a plum crazy one today, 500 bucks down. DO IT!!! lol
....and that would have made him sick to his stomach to get the 6.1l for about 30-32 and know he could have had a 6.4 for 35k. I'd still like to get some options so we'll just weigh it out when the time comes.
#19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

I've always let my emotions and passion decide in my heart what I want, and then let my pocketbook dictates what I buy. A Challenger is a Challenger 1st, before it gets specific.
#20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

i love how the OP said his dad was looking for a car, but that "we" had about $30-32K to spend HAHAHA !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode