Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Who is not ordering any type R/T due to lack of Shaker availability.

6K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  Mopar4Bama 
#1 · (Edited)
I am not interested in a Hellcat but I am interested in an R/T or R/T 392 with the N96 Shaker option. The Shaker is not available at this writing and I am torn as to order without the Shaker or wait and get what I really want. Dodge will not make the Shaker available until they make the Shaker available. Who knows when this would be? I am very happy with my 2014 Shaker and I feel that the Shaker makes the look of the car complete. All of Dodge's pre production photos of the R/T show a Shaker model but it's not available to order. I wish someone in the know at FCA would explain why we can't order a Shaker at the 2015 debut. At this point I think I will keep my 2014 numbered Shaker and wait and see. I don't need a new car. It's not the point. My 2014 has about 1500 miles. I would like the upgrades that the 2015 has available but I love the Shaker. It's a bit misleading that all R/T photography shows the R/T with a Shaker. I can't even find a photo of a car that's not a V6 with out a Shaker besides The Hellcat. Does anyone know anything about the 2015 Shaker availability? I have a flash drive with all the photos released at the auto shows and only the STX is shown without a Shaker hood. Does anyone have a photo of a Sublime R/T without the Shaker that includes the new hood decal which is a $495.00 option. I have two cars prepared on a legal pad to order, one is a six speed manual and the other is an 8 speed automatic. Both cars are Sublime with no Shaker and I have the hood striping as a possibility on both cars. The six speed has an MSRP of $39955.00 and the 8 speed has a MSRP of $41960.00. I am torn but everytime I look at my 2014 I lose the desire to order because I love the car. I also love the option upgrades available on the 2015. One thing I do know is that I would have no problem selling my 2014 Shaker if I decide to take delivery of a 2015. I'm rambling but if anybody has any Shaker information on the 2015 models or photo's of a 2015 R/T without the Shaker with or without the new stripe package (non-Classic) I would appreciate that you make post a photo here. Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
I at least want to wait until full Shaker Pricing and Specs are released so I can make a fully informed decision. My biggest concern is that all of that won't be available until after SubLime has finished it's run.

I was initially more interested in the TA Style Hood, but after learning on here that you have buy additional stuff (that is apparently hard to come by) to make the TA Hood "functional", I've kind of lost interest in it.

#12 ·
I at least want to wait until full Shaker Pricing and Specs are released so I can make a fully informed decision. My biggest concern is that all of that won't be available until after SubLime has finished it's run.

I was initially more interested in the TA Style Hood, but after learning on here that you have buy additional stuff (that is apparently hard to come by) to make the TA Hood "functional", I've kind of lost interest in it.
What do you mean by this? They will only make so many in that color?

#8 ·
You asked who is waiting to order, I AM!

I currently have an essentially brand new 2012 SRT8 w/ only 2000 miles, that I LOVE, but for a few thousand out of pocket, I can trade it in & get a new car 3 model years up.

I want the 6.4L 392 Scat Pack, w/ Shaker etc., so I am waiting.

Add me to the list.. Once the Shaker is available I'm at the dealer that day!
In the meantime, I'm still driving one kick azz car!!

Reactions: 70TA-09RT
#9 ·
Not making a final decision unless a shaker is available. They are painting us in a corner with the combination of colo(u)r windows opening and closing, shaker not available until late, and Hellcat allocations that will eventually open and then suddenly close!

Almost like roll the dice, hope you get what you want when it's available and you don't get caught hoping for a combination that comes too late, or not at all. Oh and hope you don't pull the trigger early fearing you'll miss one thing while waiting for something else which eventually shows up and takes ALL the joy out of it....

Good luck to everyone and your decision making judgements this year! Are they TRYING to piss us off?

#26 ·
No it's just a matter of getting all the pieces put into place. I think the shaker option will be popular and I would assume that manufacturing is behind per usual especially with the new power bulge hood being manufactured. As for being painted into a corner I hope that's not the case as people have been asking for this Sublime color since the car was released back in 2008...

Best of luck in getting your car your way... you should of been here in 2008 and 2009 when people were waiting forever just to find out if they were going to get a car or if the dealer actually was holding it hostage for market pricing...

#10 ·
#11 ·
Didn't you peeps think that it is not available because of all the "shaker's" still on lots that's not sold yet? gotta clean out the old stock before you add to it. Green and B5 blue is here for at least the model year, plain out because its the only really neat colors this year. They need to bring back some kind of orange. Maybe a mid-year color? Everybody it seems is ordering a green one so it will be all over the place.:simmadown:

#13 ·
What I don't understand is the "late availability" nonsense..

IF you build a car with this option, expose it at multiple National events promoting it, MAKE IT AVAILABLE!

I really don't get why its not able to be ordered currently..

Why the wait?

#33 ·
It is just Chrysler's way of getting you to buy 2 Challengers. You break down with impatience and buy a 15, then you have to trade it in when you just can't live with the Shaker model when it eventually comes out.

It is like the phone and computer companies intentionally withholding the best stuff until later. They are taking advantage of the impatient people who have to have the latest thing.

I am not fooled. I have the patience to wait until the plus Shakers are available for order and delivery.

Waited this long. A bit more will just add to the down payment.

#15 ·
I would be in the same situation if I were in the market to get a '15.

I would get the SP 392 Shaker (the model I'd really want) and I'd hold off until the order banks opened up for that trim level.

If I'm spending that kind of $$, I wouldn't settle for an 'interim' model to pass the time by only to have to trade or sell until what I really wanted came along...that's a money losing proposition all around.

If there's a delay in a option package (Scat Pack Appearance Group for example) - I'd wait for that as well.

The SP 392 Shaker cars get full leather seats as standard:
Ruby Red w/ ruby red stitching w/ the graduated "shaker" pattern
or Black w/ sepia stitching w/ graduated "shaker" pattern
[similar to the '14 R/T Shaker upholstery pattern].

What I'm curious to see is if the SP Appearance Group adds the embroidered SP Bee logo or the "Shaker" embroidery remains on the front seats...

Thus far, it only appears to mention this on the SP 6.4 all-cloth (black only) or the black or ruby red/black Alcantara / Leather seats that get the SP Bee embroidery...

This will be a question for RS to see if he can shed any light on that.

#16 ·
I would be in the same situation if I were in the market to get a '15.

I would get the SP 392 Shaker (the model I'd really want) and I'd hold off until the order banks opened up for that trim level.

This will be a question for RS to see if he can shed any light on that.
Yes, the Shaker availability date seems to be THE most pressing issue here on CT lately!

#17 · (Edited)
In an attempt to estimate pricing, I'm on Dodge's site using the 'MODEL COMPARE' feature, comparing the regular R/T to the R/T Shaker.

To start, the base Shaker MSRP is $7000 more!

So I figured it had to come more features and upgrades to justify the 7K premium. Unless I'm reading this wrong, it looks like the regular R/T comes with slightly more features and options.

For example, according to the matrix, the regular R/T comes with Performance Suspension, and the Shaker has a "-", meaning it's not even an option.

The only feature I could find for justification was the Shaker coming standard with leather. 7K just sounds like a lot of money for leather seats and a hole in the hood.

Still, I want one. In my area I see tons of Challengers, and I literally can't remember ever seeing a Shaker on the streets. Maybe the huge premium is to keep the numbers low?

#18 ·
In an attempt to estimate pricing, I'm on Dodge's site using the 'MODEL COMPARE' feature, comparing the regular R/T to the R/T Shaker.

To start, the base Shaker MSRP is $7000 more!

So I figured it had to come more features and upgrades to justify the 7K premium. Unless I'm reading this wrong, it looks like the regular R/T comes with slightly more features and options.

For example, according to the matrix, the regular R/T comes with Performance Suspension, and the Shaker has a "-", meaning it's not even an option.

The only feature I could find for justification was the Shaker coming standard with leather. 7K just sounds like a lot of money for leather seats and a hole in the hood.

Still, I want one. In my area I see tons of Challengers, and I literally can't remember ever seeing a Shaker on the streets. Maybe the huge premium is to keep the numbers low?
A new is at the Dodge dealer down the road, Orange! It looks awesome!

#25 · (Edited)
Scat Pack Shaker will be available "first quarter of 2015" - that's as specific as Dodge will get at this time. See Roostking's post #8535 in the 2015 Challenger information thread for email he received from Dodge.

I also am holding off ordering while waiting for this package. And Sublime. Fingers crossed...

If Sublime and Shaker don't pan out, will probably wait a couple more months and see what colors are on tap for 2016...

Regards,

Rich

#28 ·
I'm going to wait and pick up an after market shaker hood. It'll come out sooner or later. In the meantime I'll be enjoying a sublime SP.

#31 ·
once u shake- u can never go back!

I am not interested in a Hellcat but I am interested in an R/T or R/T 392 with the N96 Shaker option. The Shaker is not available at this writing and I am torn as to order without the Shaker or wait and get what I really want. Dodge will not make the Shaker available until they make the Shaker available. Who knows when this would be? I am very happy with my 2014 Shaker and I feel that the Shaker makes the look of the car complete. All of Dodge's pre production photos of the R/T show a Shaker model but it's not available to order. I wish someone in the know at FCA would explain why we can't order a Shaker at the 2015 debut. At this point I think I will keep my 2014 numbered Shaker and wait and see. I don't need a new car. It's not the point. My 2014 has about 1500 miles. I would like the upgrades that the 2015 has available but I love the Shaker. It's a bit misleading that all R/T photography shows the R/T with a Shaker. I can't even find a photo of a car that's not a V6 with out a Shaker besides The Hellcat. Does anyone know anything about the 2015 Shaker availability? I have a flash drive with all the photos released at the auto shows and only the STX is shown without a Shaker hood. Does anyone have a photo of a Sublime R/T without the Shaker that includes the new hood decal which is a $495.00 option. I have two cars prepared on a legal pad to order, one is a six speed manual and the other is an 8 speed automatic. Both cars are Sublime with no Shaker and I have the hood striping as a possibility on both cars. The six speed has an MSRP of $39955.00 and the 8 speed has a MSRP of $41960.00. I am torn but everytime I look at my 2014 I lose the desire to order because I love the car. I also love the option upgrades available on the 2015. One thing I do know is that I would have no problem selling my 2014 Shaker if I decide to take delivery of a 2015. I'm rambling but if anybody has any Shaker information on the 2015 models or photo's of a 2015 R/T without the Shaker with or without the new stripe package (non-Classic) I would appreciate that you make post a photo here. Thank you!
Once you go Shakkrr - you cant go back!
Good call - do not sell your 2014 until all the dust settles. Look what happened to the "Scat Pack" was supposed to be late availability, spring 2014. As of last week, the dealer does not even have a part / order number for it!
I to bought my 2014 shaker - to hold on to and see what the 2015 would be like. In fact I bought two shaker car - just to be sure!
I have since decided not to go with the 2015s at all. Need to let the "new" model age a bit, get the bugs out, and sit back and see waht others have experienced. Lets see what 2016 has to offer.
I may just save some cash, and instead just supercharge my silver shaker:
Older, but more retro interior - new shaker look - and faster than an SRT!

Our 2014s should hold there value for a few years, at least a little better that the non-shaker models.

Good luck on your Journey to the Dodge Black Hole of Ordering!

I know I have had no luck with the Scat Pack -

eric

Attachments

#39 ·
Once you go Shakkrr - you cant go back!
Good call - do not sell your 2014 until all the dust settles. Look what happened to the "Scat Pack" was supposed to be late availability, spring 2014. As of last week, the dealer does not even have a part / order number for it!
I to bought my 2014 shaker - to hold on to and see what the 2015 would be like. In fact I bought two shaker car - just to be sure!
I have since decided not to go with the 2015s at all. Need to let the "new" model age a bit, get the bugs out, and sit back and see waht others have experienced. Lets see what 2016 has to offer.
I may just save some cash, and instead just supercharge my silver shaker:
Older, but more retro interior - new shaker look - and faster than an SRT!

Our 2014s should hold there value for a few years, at least a little better that the non-shaker models.

Good luck on your Journey to the Dodge Black Hole of Ordering!

I know I have had no luck with the Scat Pack -

eric

I don't think I will be ordering either. I love my 2014 Shaker. I had planned to order but with no Shaker I'm not impressed.

Reactions: shaker2014
#32 ·
I am with the OP. Will order after the plus Shaker is available. I've been waiting for the factory shaker option for a looooong time. A few more months won't kill me.

#35 ·
The N96 Shaker hood and decal option in 2014 added $3,105 to the price of the car, the $7,000 total price for the Shaker car included other options as stated already.

Here is a thread on 5 very special Shakers that were built,

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/100th-anniversary-factory-shaker-2014-challenger-209802/

The window sticker links no longer work! (Damn, wish I would have saved them!), but the cost was clearly printed on the sticker, $3,105. So I think you can add about $3,500 to the R/T and Scat Pack prices now to get pretty close to the factory Shaker cars when they come out later this year or January as has been speculated.

#36 ·
I have owned a Blue 2009 Challenger Rt and traded it in for a
2012 Challenger Rt with Mopar exterior package.Will be upgrading too a 2015 Rt
with shaker if they are out by years end(2014}
And if not I will be more then happy to wait till the 2016s with the shakers that will
be out in Sept of 2015.Makes No sense in buying a 2015 shaker challenger in 2015 when a few months later the 2016s will be out.
People really think these cars will be limited,,,,,they will try to flood the market if they can...............JQ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.