Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Will the new Challenger's ECM be based on a "Speed Density" type system

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  allhemi 
#1 ·
In all the rhetoric about the new Challenger, one thing I am curious about. Will the new Challenger's ECM be based on a "Speed Density" type system, or will they finally step into the modern era, and give us something to work with along the lines of "Mass Air Flow" ? I ask this, because, my '06 Charger Daytona ( For Sale BTW) is "Speed Density" which IS NOT conducive to custom tuning the ECM when performance upgrades are made, such as camshaft, Intake, Injectors, etc. Oh, I'm new to the forum, so this is my "Hello" !

Steve.

#2 ·
Re: Not sure where to put this...

Hi there Wild Monkey! I, too, am hoping they run the MAF system. Heck, it would be nice if someone came out with a changeover system for the lx cars now! Other makes have changeover systems made by aftermarket companies to convert their cars...i.e., Ford. But they would have to break the computer...and it doesn't seem anyone is really very good at that. At least, that's what they're telling us.

#3 ·

Hi.... High ! LoL..
I know a friend of mine who runs an AWD Eagle Talon turbo is running a GM MAF setup and he claims the car picked up some pretty nice gains with the conversion ! OH, are you on ChargerForums with the same handle ?

Steve.

#5 ·

I ran the same setup on my laser rs turbo, they got smart with the srt-4, but I am trying to figure out something on my parents 300c. I am sure they will use the same stuff, why change when they have all of the parts al ready sitting on the shelf. Makes it bad for us but good for the business on their side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.