Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Will there be a Fourth Generation Challenger after 2014?

• No, Dodge will stop the Challenger

Votes: 126 61.8%
  • Yes, Dodge will redesign the Challenger

Votes: 78 38.2%

Will there be a Next Generation Dodge Challenger?

26K views 146 replies 69 participants last post by  elie 
#1 ·
Just want to do a poll and see what everyone thinks.

First Generation went from 1970-1974.
The Challenger then discontinued and resurfaced in 1978 until 1983.
It came back in 2008 and is only scheduled to be in production till 2014.

What do you think the faith of the Challenger is?
Do you think Dodge will discontinue it and bring in another coupe?

#130 ·
If Dodge will stop Challenger, I will have to buy a second SRT and keep it in my garage, starting it from time to time and keep it for the future.
Once my first Challenger get high mileage I'll sell it and start using my second :)

#134 ·
I was waiting to hear somethin about the new projects of Dodge regarding the Challenger at the 2011 SEMA show, but it seems I was wrong :(

#137 ·
Not only that....the Baracuda was a Plymouth....now defunct. If Mopar introduced another,...my feeling is it would be like Ford did with the 2 seater T-Bird, even though they're still in business. A flash in the pan novalty to be bought now and kept. Unfortunately....I think it's reception would be more like the Bobcat to the Pinto. Same car....different glued on stuff.

The Challenger never made the body style/technology upgrades and changes the Camaro and Mustang did all the decades. The original Challenger was a 4 year run car. We've already outlasted that, at this point.

I loved my '72 and it's why I bought my 2011. Hooked on the styling....but I fear it's a limited time deal. I'm keeping mine.

#138 · (Edited)
They will have to kill off this current bodystyle - regardless of how beautiful it is - or it will stop selling. I am hoping that they stick with this body with only minor changes ( I would love some hideaway headlights, and a choice of hoods) long enough to seriously upgrade the interior and beef up the engine. They don't need to redesign the interior totally, but how about THE OPTION of heated/cooled seats, dual power seats, dual air, heads up display, the new touch screen controller - ala charger, and some high end options that belong there as options on a 45,000 dollar car. If you want a stripped down model, that should be an option too, but to want common options on other cars not available for my favorite ride is disappointing. As far as the engine, they need to SELL, not necessarily give away with every car, an unlockable PCM. They need to offer intercooled supercharger option too, just so we can crank the snot out of it with a cheap pulley and tune like the mustang guys. A 426 or 440 would be nice too, but it is harder to get cheap, substantial gains out of a N/A motor. We all know that no matter how much power it makes stock, we want more, so give us that ability.

#139 ·
I don't understand why they can't build another car on the same platform that could be the future development car that gets all the cool stuff and styling changes. It could appeal to whatever target group they want like the mustang does with tons of options, without hurting the Challenger brand image. It could be a new muscle car with a modern body design, and any technology developed for it could bleed right over and bolt directly onto to the Challenger. The R and D is already done, it wouldn't cost much to do this. They could sell them relentlessly. Seems like a win-win.

#141 ·
NEXT GENERATION srt8 Challenger

I totally agree. the Challenger already has a better interior than all the cars in its class. Ever other car maker is comparing there interior and Nav/ stereo to dodge so who would we change it and screw it up. The second piece is I wouldnt buy another challanger unless it was similar to the body style it currently have and it had atlest 550 horse power. Dodge will have to supercharge to compete with the new lz1 and the gt500. I hope they get smart and realize in order to continue to sell SRT8 470 isnt going to compete with the GT500 650hp and the lz1 586hp. This is srt8 class/ comptetion!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt trade my car for anything. The 2011 SRT8 is the first V8 with 470/470 OFFERED by dodge. Perfect car!!!!!!!!! its

#142 ·
They don't need to change the basic design, but they do need to lose weight; between 250-400 lbs. I expect they will change the rear end up a little bit and maybe go with an aluminum motor and some lighter weight components. I don't expect a major re-design because it breaks the formula and is too risky.

#144 ·
No question, you got quite a looker there Elie!!! I'm enjoying my GT500 for now, but may be back in with a Challenger (alongside the Shelby) sometime in the next year or so. Seeing what ChryCo's next move is. I would be pretty happy with the current 392 though...very nice ride.

#147 ·
You also own a great car, the GT500, you will have the best two cars when you acquire the Challenger as well.
As you said, nobody knows what will come up in 2013, maybe an S/C :)
All the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.