Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Wipers hit speedlogix hood

10K views 71 replies 21 participants last post by  Speedlogix 
#1 ·
Anyone with the sx hood have their wipers hit? As you can see It's lined up perfectly but both side hit bad. Vehicle door Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Dimensions are the same as stock so the wipers should not come close. Can't tell anything from your pic as I don't see the wiper in th photo. Did you take the wipers off for some reason, if so make sure you put them back on the proper sides of not they will hit the hood.

#4 ·
Hey Jason, yes most cars the wiper arms are on a shaft, flip up the cover at the base of the arm, remove the nut, rock the arm a little to get it off the shaft.

#7 ·
No matter how I adjust the wipers they hit! Thought about putting some washers to raise the hood but then it would look like crap. So frustrating View attachment 306641
uhgg, now I see what you are talking about. How about where the shafts mount to the body? Are they on top of or under sheet metal? If they are under you "may" be able to add spacers where they mount and lower the height of the shaft which would then add some clearance.

#17 · (Edited)
Good point, to the OP, what changed from the post in August until now, I assume the wipers fit fine at that point, what changes were made to the car since that time?

There should be plenty of space for the wipers to clear the hood, as it is the same dimensions as the oem hood.

Did you make sure the wipers were not swapped and the correct side is on the passenger and driver like I stated in the previous post?

#9 ·
Is the hood even with the top of the fenders? If not shim it, if it is does the hood sag in the middle?
It may be a defective hood. Go to a dealer and measure a factory hoods height from the glass in multiple places.

#12 ·
Does the carbon fiber have a turned down edge at that spot? If so take a sharp file and file that edge at the point that it rubs. File into the carbon fiber in one direction only, that way you wont cause splinters ( from the windshield towards the engine bay. It does not look like it would take much to clear it.

#14 ·
Look at the base of the windshield. You should see a small dash line down by each blade. That's the spot where the wiper sits. Start by making sure they do sit on those dashes then bolt them down. If the hood still hits, and your not the original owner then maybe the shafts were altered in some way. If they are not altered, the LAST thing I'd do is permanently alter the hood. Speak to SX.

#15 ·
Ok so after some thinking here is the deal. I am the original owner of the car. I spoke to the body shop and the wiper blades were never altered. They line up with the dash lines perfectly. I bought the hood third party not from sx but it was in its original wrapping and new. I actually don't think I ever tried the wipers with the hood on until now. So the problem has been there from the start. The hood is not cf. that is just a wrap but since it's only the top that's wrapped that has nothing to do with it. I have tried shimming the hood every which way and adjusted the wipers every which way and no matter what is done. The rub. I do not want to damage the hood in any way trying to fix it. Since I have almost 2k invested in it. Just not sure what the solution is others then another wiper arm but not sure where to even go to get that other then a cheap one from autozone

#20 ·
Prior to the work though the wipers cleared fine correct? Something must have changed regarding the fitment of wipers or the hood, since then. Did you swap the wipers and verify they are installed on th correct sides?

#19 ·
It sure looks like the fitting of the hood is off. A replaced fender would not cause that.

#23 ·
I would vote with Lugnut, looks like the hood is not properly trimmed, post a good pic of the entire closed hood showing both wipers and it will be easy to see the problem, those tight shots don't show the whole issue.

Reactions: buckwheat
#35 ·
#29 ·
Good pictures somethings off for sure you should have a good one inch plus gap between the hood and the top of your wiper arm. At first I thought maybe the hood is sitting to low but that's obviously not the case it fits perfectly with the other body panels. I then thought maybe its a bit to far back towards the windshield but again looking at the nose of the car its sitting flush. Looking at the picture of the hood Speedlogix posted and yours the thickness looks pretty close. I saw your accident pictures and it looked like minor damage to the passenger side. I just cant see how that would cause any fitment issues unless body panels are some how miss aligned now and that in turn made your hood sit a tiny bit out of place causing this rub. I wish I could see the car in person having gone through college to be a mech engineer. I have that eye that catches stuff out of alignment its a curse really walking through doors that aren't plumb etc.. is agrivating to me 8).

#30 ·
It almost looks like his wiper blade body sits about 1/2 to 3/4" higher off the cowl where it attaches to the rotating shafts. It looks like the wipers are not on all the way, but sounds like they are. I wonder if the rotating shafts came in different heights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.