Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Yellow Jacket paint; from Dodge

28K views 116 replies 22 participants last post by  09Titanium 
#1 ·
I wanted a Yellow Jacket Challenger, this is what Dodge sent me...:|

Thank you for your email regarding the 2017 Dodge Challenger!

FCA US LLC has advised that the Yellow Jacket Clear Coat exterior paint
color is not available for ordering until further notice and we have not
been provided with any information as to the reason for the delay. We
regret to advise that no time frame has been provided as to when the
Yellow Jacket Clear Coat exterior paint color will be available for the
2017 Dodge Challenger model lineup.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your
preferred Dodge dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent
basis. Your preferred Dodge dealership will be first informed as to when
they are capable of placing an order on your behalf for the 2017 Dodge
Challenger model of your interest equipped with the Yellow Jacket Clear
Coat exterior paint color. They are always the best resource for the
most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

See less See more
#8 ·
There's only one shade being made now and the color name is Yellow Jacket and the code is PY4. It's a different code so it's slightly different from the other yellows of previous years. Yes, some cars were painted and shipped and then whatever issue there is has caused a stop in the painting of yellow cars. Hopefully they get this worked and back on line soon.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#28 ·
My other half went through this with a Wrangler that she ordered. No one knew anything and then one morning the dealer called and asked what time she wanted to pick up her Jeep.

Hang in there. The suffering is almost over.

#30 ·
#31 ·
That Penzoil car was a wrap but Dodge could allow custom colors without a lot of effort. Build the sub-assembly then ship it over to Ground Effects where they would paint it in the special color, then send it back to Brampton for completion. Should only take an extra week and they could probably charge 3 grand for it and get it. Probably will never happen because of the loss of control of the paint process though. The Charger Pursuits do offer some additional special colors and they are done in house for about $600 extra but they require multiple orders of the same color or they could do like GM trucks and just hold your special color order until they get 5 separate orders then they paint all 5 together. There's a way to do this but it affects the mass production idea and is why it probably won't happen.

#32 ·
That Penzoil car was a wrap but Dodge could allow custom colors without a lot of effort. Build the sub-assembly then ship it over to Ground Effects where they would paint it in the special color, then send it back to Brampton for completion.
Then the Bumper covers would actually match!!!!

#34 ·
This one says Columbiana, so guess this is a Bob Frederick car .. [emoji106]

Attachments

#35 ·
Update on my 392 yellow TA, we are now in F! Which is paint, hopefully we'll move past this today or this week. I had the shipping date of 12/5 as the estimate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#41 ·
FYI - Yellow Jacket

I had gathered the following from reading other posts but thought I would show the official word from Dodge:

It is great to read of your interest in Dodge!

Please be advised, we are not privy to the marketing decisions made by FCA US LLC. With that being said, according to our provided resources the Yellow Jacket exterior paint re-entered the factory order system on December 8th for consumer orders.

Now that it is winter here (snow and ice on the ground) I resigned myself to waiting for warmer weather before pulling the trigger :|...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.