You are driving someone's dream car - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:39 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You are driving someone's dream car

Drove our Challenger to run a couple last minute holiday errands and while I was waiting for my wife to come back out to the car, an older man parked his Astro van and came over to me in the Challenger. He said "abosutely beautiful car, can I look at it". I gave him the tour, opened the trunk, hood, showed him the six speed. He was in awe. A big grin the whole time he admired the car. He thanked me for showing him the Challenger and as he walked back to his van he turned to me and said "enjoy that beautiful Challenger, I'm glad you bought it, you are driving my dream car". He waved and got in his van and drove off. Enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 06:14 AM

nice story...
these cars are awesome.
We should start a "my challenger got compliment today" sticky
problem is it would be the biggest thread, on any forum, in the entire universe, or multi-verse

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"

Last edited by IDMTfirefighter; 11-26-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Photos: (27)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice story!

You made his day.

Zoomer's 3 inch Cat Back Exhaust / Skip Shift Eliminator / SP Strut Tower Brace / SP 180 T-Stat / SP Catch Can / AFE Stage II CAI / CMR Tune By Adam at ST / Hurst-Gunslinger Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter / Polished Door Sills / Sequential Turn Signals / 1 of 351
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Yahoo to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Skype™ to Speedlogix-Mikey
AWESOME story!!! These are great cars!!

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: mikey@speedlogix.net!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 AM

I'm driving my dream car too.

I had a guy in a Toyota Corolla Hybird give me a thumbs up and said nice car going down the highway the other day. I thought it was funny coming from a Hybird. LOL
Old 11-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Driving on the freeway a month or so ago in very heavy traffic (i.e. "Keep your eyes on the road!"), a 20-something in a big white SUV did a triple-take at my car. I definitely view that as a compliment. Picking my daughter up at school and seeing the kids' eyes track the car as I pull in - definitely a compliment. Having a few attorneys at the law firm for which I work question a co-worker as to "Who owns that awesome car?" - definitely a compliment.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:04 AM

Last weekend, had a beautifull saturday so i went for a ride in the Challenger. I live on a side street off a main road and there is a large parking lot at the end of my street (actually for the company i work for) and there were a few kids playing on thier bikes and scooters, probably 11-12 years old or so. As i was downshifting, slowing down to turn up my street, all 3 kids stop what they were doing and take full notice of the Challenger, pointing and staring it down as i drive by! So, i popped it into 1rst gear around the corner and hammered it for them goin up the street. Didn't think anything more about it after i pulled into my driveway, but a few minutes later after i went inside i hear some kids somewhere around the house, no big deal as there are alot kids on my street. Then i heard "that car is sweet" and "that is so beautifull", i look out and it was the 3 boys from the parking lot checking out the Challenger!! They got a big kick out it! Hope maybe i influenced them in a good way, American muscle is what it's all about!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I'm noticing that whenever I see somebody out in their yard or just walking down the street; 9 times out of 1o they'll turn their head to watch me go by.

1st mod; Replace "Suitcase" with straight pipes.
2nd mod; Zaino show polish.
3rd mod; Mopar hood struts.
4th mod; LMI CAI.
5th mod; Had DRL activated.
6th mod; replace resonators with 18" glasspacks (Cherry Bombs).
7th mod; Diablo Predator, 93 CAI tune.
8th mod; sequential blinkers.
9th mod; 180* thermostat.

10th mod; Billet Technology shifter knob and insert.
11th mod;
Billet Technology under hood dress up kit.
12th mod; ceramic window tint with eyebrow.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Photos: (4)
All the attention our cars receive never gets old. This is definitely not a car for shy people. LOL
Old 11-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Great story. I agree with Buckye Nut the attention never gets old. It seems no matter where I am folks come up to me and ask about my Challenger. I love seeing the reaction when I pop open the hood or when they check out the interior. When I was in the market to puchase a vehicle I looked at everything, Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, GM, BMW, etc. and after much thought the Challenger SRT8 was the only car for me. Did I spend more money than I planned? Yes. Does it get great gas mileage? No. Is it a bad ass muscle car? YES It is the only car for me and I'm assuming for everyone here...

Challenger SRT8
~Modifications~
D'0h!!! ...I forgot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.