Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Is Your Challenger Safe from Hurricane Sandy?

5K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  elie 
#1 ·
For those of you guys living in the path of Hurricane Sandy, is your Challenger safe?

I live in NJ and we are expected to be the hurricane's bullseye.

I don't have a garage, so I rented one for one week for $100. I thought that it was a smart investment with wind gusts estimated to hit 75 mph.

#6 ·
Mines in Miami. Any word if it will hit Florida? I have no idea since I am in Japan. Waiting to call out there to see whats the deal.Sent from my SC-01C using AutoGuide.Com Free App
It is way past Florida and had little impact there since it was over the ocean. It is massive (900 miles wide), however, and is expected to make landfall in the DE/NJ area tonight. High winds (75-80 mph gusts) and up to 10 inches of rain are expected to cause a lot of damage. The coastal towns will be experiencing high tide and will be flooded. Residents have been evacuated there as well as lower Manhatten (NY).

The hurricane will hav

#7 ·
Mines is in the garage with its other two garage mates. Hope you all, your homes and cars are safe. It's windy here in north jersey but the storm isn't here quite yet. They said early to late evening tonight. Good Luck.

#8 ·
SAFE & SECURE!

#9 ·
The MINI is in Hartford, inside the dealer's garage waiting out the storm while it gets its correct rims installed. The Mustang is inside my 1-car garage. The Challenger? I tucked it alongside the house on the western edge, away from where they tell us the winds will be coming. Oh well, 2 out of three isn't bad.

#11 ·
My Challenger is in Florida (with me), but my Dakota R/T is still at my dad's house on Long Island. Needless to say, I'm a little worried....

#12 ·
My Challenger & Road King are both safe in the garage. As long as one of the trees in the back yard don't blow over and smash the house they'll be safe.

#13 ·
My R/T is out in the elements :eek2:

It is pulled up all the way so that it is actually tucked in between my house and my fence, so nothing blowing side to side should hit it. I also took the car cover off because I don't want it smacking up against my car for the next 2 days. Not to mention it would probably just blow off. I had my car in this same spot for Irene and had no issues....fingers are crossed.

#15 ·
My Challenger after Irene last year.

Got this advice a little too late: If you don't have a garage, park the Challenger in a public garage and pay the fee. Pick it up after the storm is over. Trust me, it is well worth it.

BTW, I cut down all the trees in my yard after this. The Challenger is 'damaged goods'. I have not been able to afford a replacement yet.

Attachments

#17 ·
Hoping for the best for all of you near the coast and in the direct path of the storm. I am in Western NY so not expecting for more than rain and some high winds. Our baby is tucked away safe in the garage. As long as a BIG tree doesn't come down on the garage we should be ok.

#18 ·
Mine is on a dealer's lot somewhere. Out of the 4 I am interested in, 3 are on dealer lots in shoreline communities (Norwich CT, New London CT, and Warwick RI). The last one is in Bristol, CT.

Hope all who are in her path are safe! You can always get another car but you can't get another life.....

#19 ·
all 3 or ours are safe and sound, however my daughter attends school in Boone, NC, they are under severe winter advisory, 4 inches of snow on the ground and the campus is warning students to be ready for 2 to 4 feet of snow....by wednesday morning with 40mph constant wind
Luke

#23 ·
I live in brigantine nj....we are the same as Atlantic city....a barrier island...in fact harrahs keeps me up at night bc of how close it is..... Needless to say we are about an hour out from landfall with sandy and there is currently 4 feet of water in my front yard...the challenger is safe though...tucked away in a garage in Trenton!!!

#31 ·
What a bro, thats very neighbourly that is! Im hoping to get mine into the garage before our storm here gets here (just in case, it shouldnt be tooooo bad here but still) we have a buttload of crap in there but it should all be gone tomorrow... so i hope.

Shifty

#30 ·
mine is tucked away safely in my garage, we're just starting to get the brunt of the storm now, lost power about an hour ago so the generator is running just to keep the essentials going i somehow found an unsecure network to log into thats the only way im able to communicate with you. well be safe everyone!!!!

#33 ·
Mine is tucked away safely at work in a secure building in D.C

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.