Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Zoomers!

8K views 50 replies 27 participants last post by  7speed 
#1 ·
Does anybody NOT like their zoomers?? If so , why not??

#37 ·
First I have a 6M SRT and when I had the Zoomers installed they (Ripleys) put in an x pipe; the drone was intense. I had the x pipe removed and the drone improved.
I really like the Zoomers, I still have some drone at certain rpm's. Also, a added Mopar Quad Tips, they added a "split" exhaust note as well.

#3 ·
I thought that was the point of zoomers ?? Loud and Raspy :p

Reactions: SRT8U
#4 ·
It's more than just a "rasp", right? They have a rhythmic "chug" sort of like a Harley v-twin...at least that is what I've heard.

#5 ·
Many people who add a cat back system don't give the system a chance to settle in before making a determination if they like the sound. I does take time/miles for that to occur, 500 miles usually will make a difference for the better if somebody is not initially pleased.
There have been members here who installed then right away either bought something else or went back to the stock system.

#6 ·
It's not a sound for the light-hearted, right?

#8 ·
I have them on my car, I installed them in the summer I love the sound don't regret it one bit. Completely changes the tone of the car. When you're at a stoplight the car will rumble just like the oldies

#10 ·
The loudness was just harsh to me...X pipe took the edge off. Where i am impressed is in my trap speeds.....couldn't break 110 prior to install....Last 3 passes were 111, 113 & 114. However my ET's were up. Could not get traction....very cold night for south Florida. Anyone have some Cobra 17 rims for sale. I am ready for some drag radials.

#11 ·
The original had a fake x pipe right? I have the newer ones which are straight pipe.

#13 · (Edited)
After 2 weeks of being IFFY on them as they sound great revving them in the driveway, but not being able to actually hear them while driving (sounds quiet and raspy from cabin), I finally was able to get a buddy to drive it for me at different speeds and gears (A5) and auto. I LOVE THEM! Nice rumbling that i felt from my porch and i could hear it coming but didnt see it for at least a minute before he rounded the curve. Definitely a completely different animal when im not in the drivers seat . It was awesome to finally experience what others do. ZOOMERS FTW

#14 · (Edited)
For those wondering, Here is a video I took this past summer. It's a private unlisted video, (has my plates on it, Plus I don't want to deal with facebook comments like "Buy a mustang" type of crap) but I'll probably take it down in a few days after showing it here now that the link is out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3U7mLYmvc

My friend is driving so he didn't hit the throttle hard. and forgot to hit the ebrake latch at the beginning, so no need to point out the obvious here, But you get the idea :)

Enjoy, watch in 1080p.

#16 · (Edited)
Indeed you are correct, I recorded that with my camera. Another big reason why i keep the video private. I just never got around to recording with a real camcorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wWlPzPuhJ0

I still believe that's the best video.

#42 ·
On install they put in a 3" X pipe. The result was horrible drone. I had the x pipe remove and put straight in. Now I have a stainless X pipe laying around.

#18 ·
Those of you with zoomers, do you also have a tune? Should I get one of those diablo tuners or not?

Everything else on mine is stock, just the exhaust. I saw a bone stock RT is about 340 at the wheels, wondering what(if any) power numbers would be with the zoomers.

#19 ·
I took the tune off before adding the Zoomers. Haven't put it back on yet. Thinking about getting a custom tune to use before I do that. Should be just fine with a box tune though.

#32 ·
They do not come with tips unless you pay for their stock looking tips. The difference from what i see or can tell is that there is no rolled lip on the outer edge to reduce the reported flutter sound that seems to be hit and miss with this system caused by the OEM tips. Some hear/like it, some dont. I personally am in the first category, it doesnt bother me at all with stock tips. Their tips are spendy too. I have no experience with the quad tips either but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

#35 ·
I like the quad tip sound a lot more. Cool video.

#34 ·
Yea the quad tips have a lower tone flutter. Still sounds cool.

#36 ·
I actually prefer the sound with no tips installed. Still need to fill in all the edges around my stock tips to see if I can get rid of the flutter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.