Freaking Prius! - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > The Garage: For OTHER car talk

The Garage: For OTHER car talk Want to hang out and talk about other cars & car stuff? This is the place to do it!. Come on in and kick some tires... **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by heartlandvideo View Post
Honda minivans are the worst. They must have a governor holding them to 55 mph
no matter what the speed limit. Toyota minvans come in a close second.

Next time you're held back in traffic, I'll betcha it's one of those.
So true. Or how about when you get to a light and you can choose to be behind a Prius or tractor trailer. You can be pretty sure that the truck is going to go faster than the Prius driver.

Here in Colorado, it's the Subaru drivers that are the worst. And no I don't mean the STI guys. I mean the outback wagons. They'll gun it off the line then drive 5 under. If you do the speed limit here you look like you're going blazing fast

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sometimes it's not the car, it's the town!

This topic gets my blood boiling. Well, until today, I guess. I was living in Kingman, AZ and OMG, THE WORST!!!!! Forget makes and models, the only people living there are retired or high. I spent 10 months living there (for a job) and seriously believe I was going to have an aneurysm if I didn't get out because of the drivers living there. They ALL drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit. If at all possible, people of the world, AVOID Kingman, AZ. I now live in Vegas, Woohoo! (Bad drivers too but they're everywhere anyway.)

Don't complain about gas mileage, just drive it.

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T: I'm in the process of doing my mods, so far have Flowmaster, MOPAR CAI, American Racing Torque Thrusts and Nittos 20s, T-bar shifter (way cool, too fun), brake and gas pedal overlays, 3M clear bra. Doing mods that don't void the warranty until the warranty is expired and then I'm ripping it! **Waiting with everyone else for 2011 Predator**
Old 11-29-2012, 08:14 AM

You should try dealing with Prius drivers here in the Bay Area. They have an over inflated sense of self-righteousness. The Prius drivers over in Marin County however are on another planet. Where there's traffic, there's a Prius.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM

Photos: (1)
Slow, Stupid, Erratic: Minivans and base model Toyota Corollas and Camrys (Toyotas are the new Buicks). Its a conspiracy of a-holes, I tell ya ...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 PM

Could be Karma: I started this thread a few days ago. Today, I get to work and headed to my favorite parking spot, way out in the lot where I can snug up to a curb on the passenger side. Same place I've parked every day all year. But today, who's parked there? A FREAKING PRIUS! Grrrrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 PM

A Prius is not saving the earth... by the time the raw materials are shipped around the world, used and disposed of... A Challenger with a stroker motor, supercharger, no cats and a $50,000 gas card would not cause as much pollution at end of life as those little buggers would...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM

Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,047 Posts
It's like Redline 3 was saying about up north: people drive a Prius for the image of a responsible and au courant adult and think that this 'car' choice entitles them to give free rein to their superiority complex. The fact that they were initially given the use of car pool lanes reinforced that snotty, 'I'm better than you because I'm saving the world' vibe. It does fit a certain political bent, but I'll leave it at that for obvious reasons.
We're generalizing of course, because here in LA everybody drives one and a celeb chased by the paparazzi looks like a Prius parade, but many Prius drivers do seem to act like they own the road, and especially the freeways. More often than not I see them speeding and can't even afford to pass them on principle anymore, so I just watch them rule the world from the slow lane...
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Some of them are thoughtless, and some are just too stupid to get out of the left lane. Many people just don't care about anyone else.

I remember driving some cars that were so slow I couldn't get out of the way fast enough. If I slowed down it'd take forever to get back up to speed. Really tough to make left turns too.

A Prius tells me the driver just doesn't care at all about driving, they just want to save gas. It doesn't surprise me that they don't care about the rules of the road.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Imadillo View Post
Could be Karma: I started this thread a few days ago. Today, I get to work and headed to my favorite parking spot, way out in the lot where I can snug up to a curb on the passenger side. Same place I've parked every day all year. But today, who's parked there? A FREAKING PRIUS! Grrrrrr.

Well, maybe Karma works both ways. Was filling up my car at the local gas station next to a Prius. The woman filling it up was giving me the hairy eyeball then hopped in her car and immediately collided with an Explorer pulling out of the next lane of pumps. She was too busy staring me down to see them coming. As it happened, the local Deputy was just coming out of the store and saw the whole thing. Schadenfreude?

The Following User Says Thank You to Imadillo For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hairy eyeballs aside, Prius owners can choke on my exhaust... (Was that TOO graphic? LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > The Garage: For OTHER car talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.