Previous Subaru WRX owners - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > The Garage: For OTHER car talk

The Garage: For OTHER car talk Want to hang out and talk about other cars & car stuff? This is the place to do it!. Come on in and kick some tires... **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Previous Subaru WRX owners

I have a 2009 WRX Sedan and Its been a dream of mine to own a Challenger. I recently opened a personal Savings account to save up for one. My question is has any one ever owned a Subaru and went to a challenger and been disapointed? Either by performance or reliability? My Goal is to save up until the latest 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 02:32 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had a 2009 Subaru Legacy GT 5 speed, not a WRX.

Going from that car to a Challenger is a huge upgrade. It's more fun to drive with the torquey V8, and makes you feel like king of the road. It's bigger, and badder in every way. Nothing like sliding sideways in turns as you stab the throttle.

You don't miss the boxer rumble when you get 4 more cylinders and a deeper, ballsy sound. The V8 Hemi is something to hear, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.

The Challenger is 10xs more comfortable than the Legacy, and now have tons more room when I drive. I always felt uncomfortable in the Legacy for long drives. The Challenger and the word cruise, mix together like chocolate and peanut butter. This car was made for cruising.

Looks is not even a competition, the Challenger owns any Subaru IMO.

Interior is nicer on the Subaru. Just brighter, and looks fancier.

The AWD system sure is nice if you drive during the winter, however I manage find with my Challenger with 18" wheels and Blizzaks.

I do not miss my Subaru ONE BIT.
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar strut tower brace
Spohn rear suspension kit (in August)
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
SLP skip shift eliminator
Billet Technology catch can
Beltronics Pro 300 radar detector
Old 11-02-2012, 06:36 AM

Thank you for all that info!!! Im excited to continue to save up for my 392. MY goal is to have this car till it dies. 200k miles or higher Lord willing...

Originally Posted by OmahaRumble View Post
I had a 2009 Subaru Legacy GT 5 speed, not a WRX.

Going from that car to a Challenger is a huge upgrade. It's more fun to drive with the torquey V8, and makes you feel like king of the road. It's bigger, and badder in every way. Nothing like sliding sideways in turns as you stab the throttle.

You don't miss the boxer rumble when you get 4 more cylinders and a deeper, ballsy sound. The V8 Hemi is something to hear, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.

The Challenger is 10xs more comfortable than the Legacy, and now have tons more room when I drive. I always felt uncomfortable in the Legacy for long drives. The Challenger and the word cruise, mix together like chocolate and peanut butter. This car was made for cruising.

Looks is not even a competition, the Challenger owns any Subaru IMO.

Interior is nicer on the Subaru. Just brighter, and looks fancier.

The AWD system sure is nice if you drive during the winter, however I manage find with my Challenger with 18" wheels and Blizzaks.

I do not miss my Subaru ONE BIT.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

i drove a 2005 STi with a 20G, fmic and meth.

to this day, it's been the funnest car i've ever driven hands down.

the WRX/STi will do things on the street that would make a 392 cry itself to sleep..

if Subaru ever came out with an automatic transmission like the EVO, i'd have two STi's...

the Challenger is bigger by far and i would say it's a hair more comfortable. it's RWD so there will be no amazing launching going on in a Challenger.

can't brake boost a Challenger and you can't make sharp turns at 70mph in a Challenger....

takes less money to make a WRX faster.....

the STi transmission is waaaaay better and less clunky than the 6-speed 392, but the 392 tranny is a serious upgrade from your glass WRX tranny lol....

Last edited by Litos; 11-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (14)
Completely different vehicles... completely. Um.... I will warn you.... for 2015 the rumor is that the Challenger may be a totally different car for that model year. It may be on a different platform and be the size of a current Mustang. I don't want to alarm you but that is the rumor. Will it have a 392 engine... we have no idea. Of course... if you would consider a slightly used 2013 or 2014 then you are still OK...
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Toxic11 Send a message via AIM to Toxic11
Dodge Challengers can not handle and can not be made to handle it's simply impossible! For example watch the video below, this is one of our Forum Members, Luke, running his Challenger SRT8 at Nurburgring. This is not a current 6.4 Challenger with revised suspension components/settings or the 6.4 engine. This particular car sits on a set of coil overs, sticky tires and has a Vortech Supercharger.

But as you can see, they just can't go around bends!

2011 Toxic Orange

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Photos: (10)
That black challenger that blew his doors off and was gone looked pretty fast to me.

2005 Roush Mustang GT (Sold)
2009 Challenger Torred RT (Sold)
2009 Challenger Torred SRT8 (Sold)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange 392 SRT Auto (Sold)
2014 Shelby GT500
Old 11-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

I raced a WRX once, well here is the story.......

Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Toxic11 Send a message via AIM to Toxic11
Originally Posted by demon72 View Post
That black challenger that blew his doors off and was gone looked pretty fast to me.
Luke is a GREAT driver, and that does matter as much as anything. But the fact is, his car does handle and it is my opinion that despite her weight, the SRT8's DO handle. I am running on street tires and I have pegged out my Accelerometer in all four directions, it reads to .99 G.

Now where I will concede defeat is on a very tight, small AutoX track, simply because of the cars long wheel base and long dimensions, she's not the best choice for a tight Auto X.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned

**yawn**

when compared to an AWD Subaru WRX/STI or even an EVO, the Challenger only dreams of being able to launch as hard........

Last edited by Litos; 11-07-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > The Garage: For OTHER car talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.