Previous Subaru WRX owners - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
The Garage: For OTHER car talk Want to hang out and talk about other cars & car stuff? This is the place to do it!. Come on in and kick some tires... **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
**yawn**

when compared to an AWD Subaru WRX/STI or even an EVO, the Challenger only dreams of being able to launch as hard........
Besides getting your jollies from being a troll, why are you even on this forum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
Besides getting your jollies from being a troll, why are you even on this forum?
are your feelings so hurt by the fact that a 4 cylinder all wheel drive car can out launch a V8 muscle car ??

oh, and i'm here because i have 2 Challengers....

if you don't want to see Challengers getting out-launched by 4 cylinder, 4dr grocery getters, don't click on the videos....
#13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX7624 View Post
I have a 2009 WRX Sedan and Its been a dream of mine to own a Challenger. I recently opened a personal Savings account to save up for one. My question is has any one ever owned a Subaru and went to a challenger and been disapointed? Either by performance or reliability? My Goal is to save up until the latest 2015.
here's my observation.

you don't seem to the a car enthusiast due to the fact that you have 12 posts and you didn't even list any mods for your car, if any.

if you are driving around a stock WRX and you're going to a Challenger, then you won't feel much of a performance seperation during daily driving.

the Challenger will be bigger and more comfortable, but it will be less fun to drive, even during daily commutes.

if you enjoy tossing your car into turns and launching the piss out of it, getting in a Challenger will be dissapointing.

but if you enjoy taking long trips and feel the need to have the sexiest looking "American" Muscle Car of this era, then you'll be happy with the Challenger.

we need more information on the current state of your WRX......
#14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM

Litos you are a joke! Trade your car in and be done with your idiot comments. You are like a running joke on here. Get lost and take your STI **** box with ya...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
#15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
are your feelings so hurt by the fact that a 4 cylinder all wheel drive car can out launch a V8 muscle car ??

oh, and i'm here because i have 2 Challengers....

if you don't want to see Challengers getting out-launched by 4 cylinder, 4dr grocery getters, don't click on the videos....

Not at all, I have a 4 banger racer myself.
I just like to bust your chops since all you do is spew negative garbage here. You troll, I'm going to call you a troll.

It doesn't matter what the post is about, you have "knowledge" of it....
"I once had a buddy that had a <insert any car here> and it was more <something> better than a Challenger ever could have..."

The OP wanted to know if any previous Subaru owners had any regrets and/or feedback. Not what an STi can do performance-wise vs. the Challenger. Not what your experience was, not what you saw on TV or the internet.

Although you are the subject matter expert because you drove one... once.
#16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
The OP wanted to know if any previous Subaru owners had any regrets and/or feedback. Not what an STi can do performance-wise vs. the Challenger. Not what your experience was, not what you saw on TV or the internet.
wow - you seriously sound like an uneducated waste of my tax dollars.

read his 3rd and 4th sentences in his post - then slap yourself for being ignorant.

Quote:
Although you are the subject matter expert because you drove one... once.
i am the expert, because i owned a WRX for 3 years - and now i own 2 Challengers, so yes, i can absolutely post about my personal experiences - which is something the OP requested.

he didn't need you to come in here and trash up his thread by having to read your direct attacks to me - you didn't provide any data, information or experiences related to this thread.

so, you're clearly wasting his time by lacking any sort of relevant information pertaining to his post.....

stop following me around in every thread where i directly post feedback in relation to what the thread is about, even if it makes you mad that there are other cars that can do things better than your Challenger....
#17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

here's my WRX STi - had it for 3 years.

Last edited by Litos; 11-07-2012 at 05:32 PM.
#18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have an 07 wrx. it's been paid off for a while and I've been considering adding a challenger to the garage for some time now. I just love the scooby though and dont know if it's in the books to buy the extra car and still hang onto the wrx... also... living in wisconsin, the awd is pretty done to have in the winter.

Last edited by natedawg9640; 11-07-2012 at 05:43 PM.
#19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
i drove a 2005 STi with a 20G, fmic and meth.

to this day, it's been the funnest car i've ever driven hands down.

the WRX/STi will do things on the street that would make a 392 cry itself to sleep..

if Subaru ever came out with an automatic transmission like the EVO, i'd have two STi's...

the Challenger is bigger by far and i would say it's a hair more comfortable. it's RWD so there will be no amazing launching going on in a Challenger.

can't brake boost a Challenger and you can't make sharp turns at 70mph in a Challenger....

takes less money to make a WRX faster.....

the STi transmission is waaaaay better and less clunky than the 6-speed 392, but the 392 tranny is a serious upgrade from your glass WRX tranny lol....
Litos, I like you...I really do. You keep this forum interesting. But sometimes you just try too hard to ruffle feathers.
#20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
wow - you seriously sound like an uneducated waste of my tax dollars.

read his 3rd and 4th sentences in his post - then slap yourself for being ignorant.
Uneducated, yes. Waste of your tax money? Probably not, I pay plenty in taxes.

Quote:
i am the expert, because i owned a WRX for 3 years - and now i own 2 Challengers, so yes, i can absolutely post about my personal experiences - which is something the OP requested.
Did you become an expert directly at the 3 year mark or did it come sooner?

You have the most biased opinion and skewed facts against the Challenger for some reason and I would hate for the OP to think the Challenger is junk because of your posts... like you are known for on CT.

By now you should know saying things like the quotes below on a messageboard for Challenger owners is trolling.
"the WRX/STi will do things on the street that would make a 392 cry itself to sleep.."
" it's RWD so there will be no amazing launching going on in a Challenger."
"the Challenger is bigger by far and i would say it's a hair more comfortable."

Quote:
he didn't need you to come in here and trash up his thread by having to read your direct attacks to me - you didn't provide any data, information or experiences related to this thread.

so, you're clearly wasting his time by lacking any sort of relevant information pertaining to his post.....
Your correct here. Sorry to the OP for hijacking your thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > The Garage: For OTHER car talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode