Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Adjustable Bump Steer Kit - In Stock at Speedlogix

19K views 75 replies 12 participants last post by  Speedlogix 
#1 · (Edited)
Uneven Tire Wear? Bump Steer with Lowering Springs or Coilovers? If so this Bump Steer Kit available at Speedlogix is the answer!

Correct Your Bumpsteer with this Razors Edge Exclusive Bumpsteer Kit that features spherical rod-ends with tapered shafts for a hassle-free installation that requires no drilling of the spindle for fit. Recommended for all Mopar LX's & LY's for easier alignments and a wider range of adjustments.

Definition: Bumpsteer is a change in toe* angle caused by the suspension moving up or down. Bumpsteer is built into the geometry of the suspension and steering system, and has nothing to do with turning the steering wheel. The effect of bumpsteer is for the wheel to toe-in or toe-out when the suspension moves up or down. This toe change or “steering” occurs any time the suspension moves, whether it is from body roll, brake-dive, or hitting a bump in the road. Bumpsteer is undesirable because the suspension is steering the car instead of the driver.

US Patent Pending

This kit is available now for only $179.88!
Click HERE for more info or to order!

We have these in stock here and ready to ship same day! I can't wait to get them on my car this week!

See less See more
#5 ·
We ran one about a month ago. ;) How about this ... I'll ship it for free for you. If you want to order these in our online store, just choose "In store pick-up" for the shipping method and in the "Order Comments" section, put a note about the free shipping offer from Lisa. :)

#6 ·
Great offer but I spent all my allowance for this month already. :)

#9 ·
We have these in stock and ready to ship! They come with an improved heim joint and spindle! Here are some pics of the old/new comparison. The new heim joints are black; the old are chrome.

(If you have the old style and are having any noise or looseness, please let us know and REM will send you a replacement heim joint. Same goes for any spindle issues.)

#10 · (Edited)
With the release of the upgraded Heim Joint for the REM Bumpsteer Kits we have put together this picture walk through.

First a picture of the new and old joints. New joints are black, old joints are silver:

And a Before and After. Before on the bottom, after on the top:

First, remove the bottom nut with a 5/8 Wrench. You will need to use a 1/2 Wrench to hold the shaft in place. Should not take much as the nut is not 100% tight on the bottom if you have not installed these yet:

Second, remove the bottom adjustment washers:

Third, remove the arm off the shaft, you can also remove the top adjustment washers. Remember which washer was where if you are installing these on an install that has already taken place. If this is being done before they go on the car then it is not required:

Fourth, remove the old Heim Joint off the Bumpsteer Arm. This can be done without a wrench if the bumpsteer is off the car:

Fifth, install new black Heim Joint on Bumpsteer Arm:

Sixth, rebuild the Bumpsteer in reverse of how it was dismantled:

You are now half way done!

Repeat this process for the other side and you will be complete!

Final Product with old joints:

Please note: This install was done with parts off vehicle. This can be done while on the car if you need to as well.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you for your continued business and support.
Mikey

#11 ·
We recently installed this on my SRT, and man what a difference! No more bump steer and since my tie rods were already on their way out, the entire front end of the car feels so much better. I highly recommend this mod, especially for lowered cars, or anyone that needs outer tie rod replacement

#17 ·
these are still available and in stock!! i just put a set on my R/T last week and got a full alignment and i have to say the car handles like an absolute dream!!

#19 ·
got my package today Shawn & Lisa the parts look great and thank you for the first new bump steer with the new shafts here are some pics :):)

#20 ·
Lisa , i will pick some up when i come up on Sunday the 7th .... i need them

#21 ·
jeff, glad you got them!! you're definitely going to love how the car responds once you put them in. and YOU got the newest ones....i don't even have our logo'd kit :(

ghostrt, look forward to seeing you! we'll put a set aside for ya!!

#22 ·
here we have a set of the SX/REM bumpsteer installed on my 2010 Challenger R/T. note, these were one of the last sets in red before our logo'd units came out.

#24 ·
Are you lowered?? Then we've got your adjustable bump steer kits in stock and can ship immediately!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.