Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat Steering Wheel

8K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Grinch_392 
#1 ·
Hey there Speedlogix! I noticed you guys have the Hellcat steering wheel on your site. How difficult is it to swap this out with my current Scat Pack SW? Also, I noticed the picture shows nothing for Adaptive Cruise Control, how would I maintain those controls?

#2 ·
I think HC's come standard with ACC so if it's a real Hell Cat steering wheel, it has to have it.

#5 ·
So would there be a way to swap my ACC buttons onto this new Steering Wheel? I see there is a way to keep my Dodge airbag cover instead of getting the SRT cover, I wonder about these buttons though.

#6 ·
Yeah they couldn't find a good spot to put the big radar eye on the Hellcat so they just deleted the ACC and the Forward Collision Warning systems. I thought they maybe could have fit it in the right inner headlight location but the eye assembly is just too big.

Think the SRT and Hellcat otherwise use the same wheel so I'm guessing the blank ACC pad will just pop out and your button assembly will go right in but wait for Speedlogix to confirm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
I posted a thread in the general section asking for opinions also. I think without the outside surrounding the sensor it looks like it would fit. But I haven't really dug into the other components of the sensor.

Thanks for giving me a new cosmetic mod to focus on Slidd!! :wink3:

Reactions: Slidd
#10 ·
We have not had one here to look at. But based on earlier steering wheels - those button sections do unscrew and come out to swap over from one to the other.

Not too hard, just make sure you disconnect the battery and let it sit for 20 mins so the airbag does not go off :)

#15 ·
^^ I'm Lisa. ;) Not Mikey.

We didn't get it installed yet (have a Stop Tech big brake kit and Zoomers Exhaust going on next) but I really don't like the thin steering wheel on the Scat Pack compared to my Hellcat one so I definitely want to do the swap and will take lots of pics and do a good write up when we do. Will try and get the parts in for it soon to help you with some pics prior to the install. It's such a nice steering wheel! :)

#18 ·
Sorry about that Lisa...

Thanks for the update!

One last question, I have the heated steering wheel now, will I lose the heated feature with the Hellcat Wheel?

#29 ·
Not to double post but I re-read this thread and didn't notice an answer to the heated Steering wheel question. Can anyone confirm if this has the heated steering wheel feature?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.