Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Speedlogix Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for 392

38K views 147 replies 24 participants last post by  Grinch_392 
#1 ·
Here are a couple pics of our new carbon fiber CAI for the 392 installed on my GWE. Pricing and ordering will be available within a few days, and we'll also offer painted tubes if you want to match your ride.

Subscribe to this thread to be notified when we start taking orders!

See less See more
#3 ·
I second the motion but add in a group buy and I'm there!

#6 ·
would also like to see before and after numbers on a dyno.

looks great.

#8 ·
I agree. Hopefully this is a mod Lisa will try on her 392 and post what she gained/lost. :thumbsup:

#22 ·
If a drop in filter does nothing for the 392, then that intake will do the same unless you manipulate the ECU.

How about testing before you sell. please':argue:
Have you read this thread? We will be testing it, but some people don't want to look at the ugly stock unit. I am one of them, and there must be others since we have sold half our initial stock already.

#14 ·
Just a friendly reminder, everyone....we've got a brand new carbon fiber CAI coming for the 392s!! Order before 12/12 and save some $$$!!!!

#16 ·
Remember, everyone....today is the last day to get in on the reduced pricing for our brand new carbon fiber CAI!!!

#17 ·
Is there any kind of support holding the weight of the aircleaner up or is it just suspended with the tube?
Looks awesome by the way :)

#18 ·
If I had some dyno info to go by it would help make the decision.

#23 ·
All the pre-orders shipped yesterday!! We do still have some left though! Carbon fiber CAIs for 392s FTW!!! :)

#24 ·
These are flying off the shelf!! But never fear, we still have 392 carbon fiber intakes in stock!!

#28 ·
Thanks to Dadstoy for dyno testing our 392 CAI today!

+11 rwhp
+6.7 rwtq
Very cool. Can I get the tube in black and a green filter? The red filter clashes with the coolness of my GWE. :D

#29 ·
More HP and TQ and looks Sweet :) Thanks Dadstoy for your info!!

#32 ·
That's more of a question for YOU. How often will you be above 4500 rpms? I don't think Speedlogix can answer that one. If you never punch it, find another mod to install. What you're not seeing on the dyno is daily driving part throttle rpm power changes. That's really hard to grab on the dyno due to all the varying TPS differences. Based off full throttle only, if you don't want 11 more hp, don't buy it.

Good dyno info folks. I think this is gonna be a good mod to install. Especially for the price. I was looking at the Mopar CAI and since it's only the box and filter, I don't see how that's much more of a gain over factory. If any.

For the blue filter questions I'm seeing and the blue filter cleaning kit you have. Do you have a picture of what the blue cleaning kit does on the initially red filter?

#35 ·
Couple questions guys. So no plans for any other type of inlet tube, just the carbon fiber one? What do you charge for painting? And what color options do you offer? It's hard to tell from the pix but does the outside of the tube have a smooth surface so if it's painted you won't see the CF through the paint or will it appear as just painted CF?

So the filters are plain white but turn red with the red oil, did I hear you offer blue oil as well so the filters will be blue?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for your time guys!

#37 ·
As far as the tube, carbon fiber only. As far as the filter goes when you use the cleaning kit and fully clean the filter it will remove the color as well, when you recoil using the lie kit this will make the filter blue. The outside of the carbon is very smooth and ready for paint, if painted you should not see the carbon through the paint.

#38 ·
Thanks Kris, that's great, that's exactly what I wanted to know! One last question ... about painting the tube, in the first post of this thread it says you guys will also offer painted tubes to match our rides. Can you give me more info on that? Colors (I'm assuming OEM Chry paint colors?)? Cost? Timeframe for painting? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.