Who Loves their Skip Shift Eliminator? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Supporting Vendors > Speedlogix

Speedlogix Speedlogix

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Photos: (0)
Thanked 1,063 Times in 726 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
OMG. I didn't realize they did that...

Why in gods name would they put something like this on a manual?

I see why this is a must-have upgrade!
Its one of the 'tricks' to get higher MPG values on the EPA City Cycle test.

Not necessarily the way anyone would choose to drive - going into 4th [1:1 gear @ 20mph will kill any acceleration potential and assure your tail will get run over by someone driving behind you.

GM employed this on the Tremec T-56 6-speed with the mid-90s Camaro/Firebird and IIRC, on the Corvette.

The TR-6060 Tremec (similar to T-56, with updates), also uses this on GM applications as well.

Eibach Sportline Suspension
Hotchkis Sway Bars
Nitto 555 Extreme 265/50-18"
392 Cam / DS CMR tune
Hurst /G&K modded short-throw shifter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 PM

Still waiting to install mine...
Old 09-19-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
Its one of the 'tricks' to get higher MPG values on the EPA City Cycle test.

Not necessarily the way anyone would choose to drive - going into 4th [1:1 gear @ 20mph will kill any acceleration potential and assure your tail will get run over by someone driving behind you.

GM employed this on the Tremec T-56 6-speed with the mid-90s Camaro/Firebird and IIRC, on the Corvette.

The TR-6060 Tremec (similar to T-56, with updates), also uses this on GM applications as well.
lol. that's crazy... I would have thought they would just put something like that in literature to inform you on how-to do it rather than force you to.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM

Finally installed mine yesterday while I was installing my exhaust. It only took five minutes to hook it up. But as I was tucking the wires, the whole thing literally fell apart in my hands in three pieces. I think the manufacturer should put some type of heat shrink tubing or something similar around the entire assembly so it can't fall apart.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 AM

I bought the skip shift eliminator from SLP. At first install I put it in the rear solenoid position by mistake and all that happened is I could not get it to shift into reverse. I discovered my mistake and reinstalled it in the solenoid on the drivers side of the trans 5 or 6 inches further towards the front from the back one. Now, the skip shift is working but I can't shift into 2nd or 3rd gear when at idle. Plus it is still really hard to shift into reverse. Did I not get the reverse lockout solenoid reattached correctly? Does anyone else have the shifting at idle problem? challengerbliss
Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by challengerbliss View Post
I bought the skip shift eliminator from SLP. At first install I put it in the rear solenoid position by mistake and all that happened is I could not get it to shift into reverse. I discovered my mistake and reinstalled it in the solenoid on the drivers side of the trans 5 or 6 inches further towards the front from the back one. Now, the skip shift is working but I can't shift into 2nd or 3rd gear when at idle. Plus it is still really hard to shift into reverse. Did I not get the reverse lockout solenoid reattached correctly? Does anyone else have the shifting at idle problem? challengerbliss
Shifting is stiff into 2nd and 3rd when cold but loosens up pretty quickly. Reverse should not be a problem.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 AM

bought one nver installed it learn to drive the car at correct rpm you will not hit limiter trust me have 3 years of shifting now......my opinion only some people i know like it have fun.........
Power SunRoof

2010 DY Challenger RT Classic auto
track pack power sunroof

1974 "CUDA 340 auto Deep Sherwood Green
1970 Dart Swinger 318 auto burnt orange
1985 ZL900 Kawasaki Ellininator
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad 4x4
2014 Dodge Dart GT 2.4 6spd

Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 AM

Just another counterpoint. First, congratulations for those who love the skip shift eliminator, and by all means enjoy.

As mentioned above, this is just my own opinion. Coming from the perspective of a vintage car collector who happens to like things stock (ok, I'm in the minority), I get some weird, sick, pleasure of learning to overcome or manage quirks or features in my vehicles if it's not something that is broken. So I made the decision to shift the 2010 Challenger as it was made. Like beepah, I drive the car to mostly avoid the skip shift. When it activates on occasion, I have a super smooth shift back to third, and there is very little drama, including on those left turns from a light, which we all know is one of the prime times the skip shift conditions occur. More power to anyone who gets the eliminator, but if you do happen to like things stock, it's good to hear a few counterpoints to help you decide. No doubt that this is one of the most popular mods, with many advocates and happy customers.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM

Photos: (10)
Skip shift eliminator since I got it home, did not want to deal with it there is PLENTY enough going on with these double clutch, triple cone 1-3 synchro trannies as is and don't need to "learn" to out drive it, but that's me! I also turned off "hill assist" on day one, but at least that's an "option" that's able to be deactivated and its explained in the manual which isn't so with Skippy!
First 09 sold in DFW, 08/30/08 BB-SE/G TRADED for Sickr PCP, 10 PCP R/T 6-Spd 7/5/10, Dream Since Teens! Mods; Mopar strutbrace, CAI, Borla ATAK, Custom Raptor SL, Moroso CC, SSE, Hurst w/70's mod, BR sequentials, Amber/Red sw/LEDs, Hotchkis Swys, r-Police/Spohn,R1 Slots/CentricPads-all, SXHood, DCS pins, Sickr rear/delete w/6x9s&12"sub, Boss 338s f 235/50/18, r 275/40/20ZR Motivos.
"TexasOutlawChallengers-ChallengerJam"
Studies show; PCP is highly ADDICTIVE in 6-speed form!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Just placed my order w/ Speedlogix for a skip shift eliminator. Looking forward to having that annoying little feature turned off.

Should be ordering the 2011 Charger Intake Tube and BT Catch Can very soon!

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6-Speed Granite Crystal Metallic

2006 Jeep Commander Limited HEMI 4x4: Traded
The Following User Says Thank You to Chapman89 For This Useful Post:
SRT8U (01-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Supporting Vendors > Speedlogix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.