Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Speed World 7/28/12

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  pdx.challenger 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody,

Most of you know Speed World is having legal issues. Losing this track would crush the amateur week end warrior drag racer. August 21st it could all be over. So please come out and race while you can. Or at least come out and spectate.

I'll be out there this Saturday for sure and as many more as I can into the foreseeable future.

Gates open at 8pm.

It costs $10 to get in and $10 more to run on the track.

IMO it's the most fun you can have for 20 bucks this side of Tijuana. :4:

Speed World ---> http://speedworlddragstrip.com/site/

#9 ·
Did you swap rear ends?

#10 ·
Nope. It was to hot to be motivated to lay on my back in the driveway for 2 hours to do it. Those times are with 3.06 gearing.

Temps at the track last night were in high 80ies - low 90ies and the humidity was very high. The track got slick very quickly. It was a challenge launching.

After the 1st pass I was breaking the tires loose between every gear change. The shift between 2nd & 3rd was exciting. Nothing like the exhilaration of tire spin doing 90.

In an attempt to gain a little more grip I dropped the tire pressure lower then normal, to 16 pounds but that didn't assist much. After my 6th pass, only able to run high 13's I spectated till about midnight.

Hoping for better luck next Saturday night.

Good times. Pics soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.