Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2016 GoMango

89K views 314 replies 82 participants last post by  moparjim71 
#1 · (Edited)
Here it is!!! Thanks to Michael Landelius, from the 2016 Brochure he loaded earlier.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am the same way, will it look good in person? I feel Sublime does not look great in photos but that color in person pops!
I will be home in 25 days!!! I will see my car in person for the first time, oh it was repaired good as new from the transport accident and the transport company paid the repairs in full.

#5 · (Edited)
The OP picture makes it look a little more red than I'd like. The shark fin looks closer to what I'd hope. part of me regrets not waiting to get Go Mango and adding a black hood though.. Not really my personality to be so flashy but damn I bet it'll look hot.

#11 ·
umm, sorry but that pic isnt from any 2016 brochure, its been around since at least feb 15, just has been color edited via photoshop or some program and Dodge would not have to do that or reuse existing pics for the new MY..
link > 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack ? True Muscle | Atoka OK

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Chrysler is known to have photoshopped colors - I've seen this when the very same exact shot of a '11 GWE R/T Classic got photoshopped into a Header Orange R/T-C for the '12 brochure...

Plus the Detonator Yellow was ps'd over a silver challanger image and it made DY look like it was a metallic.

I'd suspect the Go Mango will be pretty much the same as the '06 Charger color was.

Similarly Gecko Green (Wrangler) was avail before Sublime Green turned up for Challengers...both were pearl and the Jeep had a different code - but really, I couldn't tell the difference as they are that close.

#18 ·
Similarly Gecko Green (Wrangler) was avail before Sublime Green turned up for Challengers...both were pearl and the Jeep had a different code - but really, I couldn't tell the difference as they are that close.
My wife drives a Wrangler Unlimited in Gecko Green and it isn't a pearl paint. When parked next to a Sublime Challenger in direct Sun, the difference is there. The Jeep has a bit more yellow tint in it than the pearl Sublime.

#20 ·
Go Mango has metallic and pearl - a good amount of metallic.

Hemi Orange has pearl but a more lighter amount - its a lighter base color and less pearl. Hemi Orange looks more like a solid color and the pearl is hard to see at first glance.

#16 ·
I wouldn't trust any color that you see on a computer, you have to see one in person. What you see on your computer depends on how good the original picture is , how your monitor colors are adjusted, etc. Colors can be way off.

#19 ·
Looks great. The Shaker decals set it off nicely. Not sure how I feel about the wheels though. So far the 392 and R/T Plus wheels are my favorite.

#21 ·
If GoMango is the color of that Charger, then I might be kicking myself for buying a 2015 SRT because that color is HOT!

I thought that the Orange Metallic color was Toxic and GoMango was a flatter color with a bit of pearl in it, but I'm still learning about all of the Mopar colors and it's a little confusing to me sometimes! :scratchhead:

#23 ·
I'll reserve judgment until I see one live...the photo in the OP's post is not hitting my WOW! factor.

#29 · (Edited)
I have found that you can not go by photos for true color depiction.
Pearl coat paint is very difficult to photo because it changes depending on light conditions and many other variables.
Can't go by the brochures either. For instance , The sublime in the 15 catalog is way off and looks more like green with envy.
In fact all of the colors in the brochure look darker then they are in person.
I picked up a 16 brochure and the go mango in the picture looks almost like the toxic orange. I'm sure it will look lighter in person. Especially outside in the sunlight.
I miss the old brochures where they used actual paint swatches to show the all the colors available.

#30 ·
When I had my 11 Toxic Orange Challenger I went to the dealer asking for Toxic Orange touch up paint. Parts guy says that color name is not in our system for 2011. Let me check your vin. Checks it and says that come up as Go Mango. I said my Window sticker says Toxic Orange???? I ordered the Go Mango paint and it was a perfect match.

#36 ·
FYI:
I have a GoMango Charger Daytona and a 2011 Challenger in toxic orange.
Note that the same paint will be used on different models, the 3 letter code is the same but they will call it something else. As an example; The toxic orange on the Challenger was used on a Dodge Dakota some years back it was called Tango Mango (I believe)... same paint, just called different.

On another post I saw the actual code # for the 2016 GoMango Challenger and it was the same code as on my 2006 Charger.

I have "toxic orange" touch up paint for my toxic orange Challenger....if I used GoMango paint on the Challenger....it would NOT match. Maybe you got tango-mango.

Mopar Toxic Orange Code PVG #05163548AA
Mopar GoMango Code PVE #04889828AA

Neither can says the paint name....as the name changes with models....ALWAYS go by the 3 letter code.

The other post I saw said the new Challenger would be PVE Go Mango

Info for the post at large... :wink3:

#31 ·
Color looks like my parent's brand new 1975 Monte Carlo back in the day!
Ontario Orange or Med Orange Metallic I think it was..

#33 ·
I agree about seeing in person. I test drove a toxic orange 11 and the pictures in the dealer ad did no justice. It looked amazing in the sun. Same with the blackberry pearl, in most pics looks black but when seen in person on a sunny day. Wow!! I wish either color would have been available in 13. Blackberry pearl would have been my first choice

#35 ·
Either one of the metallic oranges are just plain SICK!

I wish that they were out in 2015, but I'm Happy with Granite because it pops like Crazy in the sun too (just a different kind of pop)!

The C6 Vettes had two shades of orange like these. They were Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic (darker orange like the Charger picture) and Atomic Orange (the lighter Go Toxic color like on Toxic's Challenger). You couldn't go wrong with either because they were Beautiful colors!

Thanks for the pics and the explanations! :cheers:

#39 ·
#45 ·
Go here 2016 Dodge Dart - Fuel Efficient Compact Car and change the color to GoMango. It is a Dart, but it will give you an idea on the color. There should be some more pics in the gallery if you want to see some different angles and lighting. I sure wish they would get the 2016 Challenger info updated.

Reactions: pigman440
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.