Dodge Challenger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing concept paint job

5K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Rambit 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I'm not saying that I would want my car to be painted like this. lol. However, for what it is worth, I like the "concept" of the paint job. There are some people that will take things too far and paint their cars such as this. I don't agree with that and I don't like the look. Nonetheless, this is a computer animated version of the Challenger with a Scarface theme. Judge it based on the movie. It's art. Like it or don't like it. I wouldn't say that it's ghetto . Describing the car as ghetto is an incorrect statement. Stating that the theme of the movie is ghetto is saying that the movie itself is ghetto.

Please describe to me what the definition is of a "ghetto" car?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
y'all is a term that is used south of the mason/dixon line. but i'm a yankee that lived both south and north in 7 states over the last 20 years.
well ghetto to me, my best description is, stupid paint jobs, wheels larger than 20's, bling that i wouldn't put on a (censored), more than 12 car speakers , a car draging on the ground, or 40 inches off the ground, gold grills, and a stupid attitude. i can go on but i'm getting tired and i need to get the mods to ok this post so i'm not banned again.

#14 ·
well i got a lot of points for being honest and direct so i have to watch myself. i asked rambit to delete my post if he found anything offensive. i'm sorta on life support here, so don't want to burn my bridges.:clap:

#15 ·
i guess you can see art in the paint job , but not on that car and have it looking like crap. maybe a nice print somewhere else . maybe very talented artest. needs to find another canvas.

#18 ·
Hey Greg, well I certainly appreciate your concern and that to me says you meant no harm and thanks for your PM. Ghetto is just one of those words that can be easily misconstrued/misinterpreted to mean something that wasn't intended. Could a better word be used? Well probably, but it escapes me at the moment. I've learned to avoid using it. It pops up now and then on all car forums as a descriptive term without malicious intent towards any group of individuals. "Ghetto" is now often used as a negative adjective, implying inferiority or negative stereotype, not just a neutral noun, so it's understandable how some can be sensitive to its use.

Bernie

#19 ·
yeah i didn't bring up the word , but did know the usage, as i maybe explained as far as car talk goes.
i use it like many other terms , well like ******* which i'v been called since 6 years in NC, and many other words that i've been called . i really don't care what terms folks use, i don't have that thin skin attitude that some folks have.
thanks for the response bernie. see i'm trying to stay well "nice" haha.

Reactions: Rambit
#21 ·
Personally, a five gallon can of high test and a match would be perfect for that thing. Not sure what it is, but it sure isn't a Challenger.

#22 ·
Yuck!!! To each his own.

#23 ·
I see stuff like this all the time. In my town we have a a ghetto old crown vic on like 28"s and it says
"I'm tired of all these tide as* Bi***es" on the side with the tide detergent logo.

It's pretty awful..

Apparently they are called "donks" and I've seen way too many challengers done up like this, it's embarrassing.

#30 ·
Thread closed. Wait, but, but, but why? Well, my head hurts trying to come up with a reason or even how to say it without unintentionally offending someone. I'm so politically correct I scare myself sometimes.

Sweet kisses blown this way with 10 psi of inflatable sunshine

Jesus...

Bernie

Reactions: j.jones7
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.