Dodge Challenger Forum banner

was bored today...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  rodderrick 
#1 ·
decided to chop this a bit.

See less See more
#6 ·
Rmfootball69 . . .

Most folks wont attempt a real (top) chop (if I'm understanding the term properly) because of the difficulty in cutting the curved front and rear glass. Water jet technology allows for clean/perfect cuts. Something new that maybe folks have not considered. Heck why draw, get the saw!

Rick

#8 ·
Ah ok, yeah I think he was just referring to a photoshop. Since adobe got all nazi with their usage rights a couple years back people went from sayin photoshop or shop to chop ( how I saw it happen, use of that word coulda originated from somethin else, maybe I'll take a look at snopes) I would love to see a real roof chop on a challenger, but I don't know how it would look yet.

#9 ·
Hey I did learn something new from this. I'm used to the concept of checking out a "chop" then doing it. Chop meaning the original cut, weld fit, pray, sweat, work it into shape (Not necessarily in the order).

Photoshop chop is cool too with lot less sweat and prayin involved.

Thanks.

#10 ·
If you are going to do any kind of glass cutting, a word of advice.....

The glass needs to be new glass and glass that hasn't been exposed to ultra violet rays ( the sun ).
The side glass when it has already been exposed will shatter within minutes of trying to cut, or grind in any manner or form.
The windshield will crack and spider web if it has been exposed to the UV rays.
And it really shouldn't and really cannot be done properly outside of a professional doing it, unless of course you like your stuff looking like hack work...

#11 ·
Water jet technology doesn't create those types of problems. No grinding. It is a 1 millimeter stream of water with a garnet based media. Combined the cutting is smooth and finished. The syetems are CNC based and allow tfor edge finishing during cutting. Not heat, no stress on the glass as with older manual style cuts. Check it out - Here is a link: Glass Cutting Applications | Flow International Corporation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.