Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hemi and Header Orange Challengers

46K views 122 replies 74 participants last post by  Dave_Just_Dave 
#1 · (Edited)
I love the Hemi Orange color so much. I went through a few pages of threads to find one with all Hemi Orange Challengers But I wasn't able to find one. I can't imagine that this has not been done especially with Hemi Orange making up 16.5% up the Challengers on this site (2nd largest % after Black). If you have a Hemi Orange or Header Orange Challenger, can you please post pics or send a link in case this thread has been done and I missed it?

Also, do you drive this loud color to work everyday, weekend crusier, car show only, or Summer car???

Thanks!

#2 ·
Loud color, nahh, it's just classic Challenger. It is bright, especially so with no stripes although I am considering Hemi Orange Stripes, would that be triple orange?

Attachments

#3 ·
At this point, Im mainly driving mine on the weekends. It's covered in my driveway most of the week. The color is so noticeable that I know people will recognize me everywhere I go like I do a few cars I see around. That Hemi orange is BEAUTIFUL!

#12 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car
Here's mine! It's my DD. I have my SUV but only drive that when pulling the toyhauler to the dunes.... 23K so far..

Reactions: olskooljr
#13 ·
View attachment 57278 Here's mine! It's my DD. I have my SUV but only drive that when pulling the toyhauler to the dunes.... 23K so far..
You drive the SRT everyday??? Wow. How far is your daily commute? Mine is about 80miles round trip so thats another reason I got the RT, but so far I've been driving my SUV daily and the RT on weekends.

#14 ·
I drive mine daily, weather permitting. No snow, no salt. But it has been in quite a few rainstorms, some were very heavy.

It is pretty fun when I pull into my kids preschool parking lot with it. It is a sea of gray and beige minivans or SUV's, and here I come in the bright orange, 6 speed, muscle car! All the kids keep yelling out "hey look at the orange car" to their parents...

#24 ·
I drive mine daily, weather permitting. No snow, no salt. But it has been in quite a few rainstorms, some were very heavy.

It is pretty fun when I pull into my kids preschool parking lot with it. It is a sea of gray and beige minivans or SUV's, and here I come in the bright orange, 6 speed, muscle car! All the kids keep yelling out "hey look at the orange car" to their parents...

Lol. sounds like me when I was a kid. My dad has a hugger orange 32 ford sedan. We were always big fans of orange.

#22 ·
Mine's a daily driver as well... Here's some photos of my Header Orange '12 next to my previous TorRed '09. Also a daily driver...

Attachments

#34 ·
I had a most glorious dream the other night; a dream that those who appreciate the Hemi Orange cars might appreciate.

It was a glorious October afternoon (in my dream) with maple leaves the color of Tor-Red, Detonator Yellow and Hemi Orange. I decided it would be a fine afternoon for a drive in my sports car, so I donned my jaunty driving hat and headed to the garage.

When I opened the garage door, there sat not my 2010 Hemi Orange Challenger R/T, but my old 1969 Hemi Roadrunner decked out in Hemi Orange with bold black stripes running from hood intakes to fender. The car looked liquid in the warm autumn sun.

I touched the ignition key and the 426 Hemi roared to life. I feathered the gas pedal until it could idle on it's own, making that luscious rump-rump-rump-rump-duh-duddah-duh-duddah-duh-duddah-duh-duddah-rump-rump-rump-rump that we all knew so well. The intoxicating aroma of raw high octane leaded fuel exhaust filled the air.

I eased out the clutch and backed out of the garage. I drove off into the sunset in my "Hemi Orange 1969 Hemi Roadrunner R/T".

Look, I know there was never a Roadrunner R/T, but there should have been.

And for just a short time, I think I actually had one.

#38 ·
Mine's a daily driver. I also have a road trip under the tires at this point. I will tell you, I know lots of guys are trying to keep low mileage and such on the cars, but if you don't take a road trip in this thing, you are missing out on one of the great pleasures in owning this car. The Mustang and Camaro may come out on top at the drag strip, but I'll guarantee you they'll come in last on the preferred GT type car of the ponys. 14K in 11 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.