Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Its hard to make a Chally look unattractive, but...

12K views 47 replies 37 participants last post by  DJ Hemi 
#1 ·
...this guys gets an "A" for effort in my book.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like he's getting ready to "pimp out" the paint on that lower half to me.

#10 ·
Not seeing what the bid deal is here. He/She has a two tone paint job....um ok. The owner is expressing their vision of what they want their car to look like. Kind of what we do all the time right? Imagine if everyone just ran around with the same paint job, wheel fitment, CAI...etc etc.

Anyway, to each his own.

#12 ·
I dont like it ... but its not as bad as iv seen .... looks like they had a good idea but just a bad execution of it

#14 ·
I respectfully disagree with the negative comments on this one. It's an interesting color combination that happens to be not right for everyone. It's a rather clean look, the wheels are right for it also. I like the look reasonably well for something different, and I'm puzzled by the statement that it was poorly executed? Looks decent to me, just a rarer color scheme. Would love to see an FF owner give their thoughts. Surprised anyone doing exterior mods would be critical on this one. Pile on effect?

If this shot was downloaded from the net, then I believe the OP may not know the owner. But a car all alone in the lot, parked crossways to the lot stripes? Not even a car show, just an empty parking lot "glamour shot". I'm wondering whether the OP knows the owner. No big deal either way, but I'm complimenting the car.

#18 ·
Personally I think the paint scheme is not too bad. Not the colors I would have chose but hey it got our attention. The wheels need to be 20s or 22s and maybe lower things an inch for appearance. There are Challengers out there that def go too far with 32 inch rims but this is nothing compared to them.

#19 ·
Not to offend anyone but that is down right ugly! That car needs a make over for the make over! I would enjoy giving them a few pointers! Not to say my choices would be better but I wouldn't mind trying

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: dane714
#20 ·
No matter what it looks like you shouldn't disrespect it by calling it a CHALLY !

Challenger!! Challenger!! Challenger!! Challenger!!

#21 ·
Sets is apart in a crowd of challengers, say there was a car show with 10 challengers in a line... my eye would probably go to the one that has the paint job that is different first. Really the car is an attention getter. The paint isnt what I would do with it but everyone likes their own sort of thing

#27 ·
Come on now Dane, you know who owns this car. Who is it?

The interesting thing about this car's lines, they seem to morph to the paint job and exterior treatment. The body lines almost look like different cars depending on the paint and stripes (and likely the angle of photography or view). I won't argue your own tastes of course, but funny thing is, I like what that paint job does to the car's lines in this case. The wheels will look small if you focus only on the wheels, but my eye always include the tire. I like the old school wider tire look (despite the fact I have chrome 20s, and like those too).

#29 ·
This sucks. You people condemn someone's car for a paint job that doesn't go "Ghetto" or "Batman". It is clean. I don't personally like it. But there are way uglier things that have been done to these cars and there are yet more to come. Have you folks ever seen a 55 Chevy done up in the two-tone paint scheme? It looks at home. This was somebody's attempt at the same sort of thing. Quality of the paint job looks fine to me so I would say the "execution of the paint" statement was way off. Not complimenting the lines? C'mon! The mid-body jump to go over the rear wheels follows the body lines to a "t". Maybe if the colors were the same old Black and Red, this would have never been posted? Nothing wrong with this person's way of modifying his/her ride. Not my taste exactly but I can certainly make room for it better than some gawdy garbage I've seen that glorifies some thug/gang looking genre' . There. That's my opinion. I didn't exactly chime in with the rest.

Reactions: USRWDV8 and dane714
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.