Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Any body from around the Scottsboro - Huntsville, AL areas?

9K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  SublimeScat15 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey BamaRT14, I currently live in Ft. Payne, but would love to move back to HSV someday. Unfortunately I have yet to find a Challenger owners club in our area, but that would be nice as I see many of them driving around in Huntsville.

#5 ·
If you want to check us out, we are a new group in the Huntsville area, we are called Southern Street Toys, we are on facebook, one group is public, the other closed. We are into the local car scene, and are always up to something, from car shows to cruise ins, and just hanging out.

#6 ·
My wife is from Huntsville. I get there quite often and attend shows with and without my father in law who sports a 1960 Chevy Impala. I like the car scene in North Alabama. I recently moved back to my hometown of Tuscaloosa but would be interested in keeping up with shows in the Huntsville area. Taking part in the Huntsville car events makes visiting the in laws a lot more fun.

#7 ·
I live in North East Huntsville. I had talked about a Challenger club a last year but started traveling so much with my job I never followed through with it.

#8 ·
I live in Alexandria just North of Anniston but have a daughter in Huntsville. Don't get up there a lot but know the area somewhat. Grew up in Albertville.

#10 ·
Well welcome aboard!!

Have a buddy that works at Red Stone that ordered a Hell Cat, of course he is still waiting!

What Challenger do you have?

#13 ·
+1 huntsville. currently working overseas but hoping to be back in a few months. bought several cars from the landers group. considering a scat pack or SRT392 upon my return. anyone purchase a 2015 from them? are they dealing?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My buddy ordered a Hell Cat from someone in Huntsville.

I think most will do 1% below invoice. I ordered mine from Birmingham back last Aug and still got the 1% below when most wanted MSRP on an SRT when they first came out.

#22 ·
Sweet!! I had a 14 RT Classic and loved it so much and when I saw the 15s I had to have one. I decided to upgrade to the SRT and that 392 is a beast!!

Attachments

#24 ·
I would like to hear your impressions!!

I have owned Porsche (944), Mercedes (sedan), Lexus (SC, RX and GS) and many different Toyota's and Honda's. I currently have a 2015 King Ranch with the 3.5 eco boost on order for pulling my boat. So I have been all over the place too. Has been years though since I've owned the German cars.

To date though I am most impressed with the SRT compared with all the cars I've owned but also love my King Ranch with the eco boost. Traded in my 2013 King Ranch to order the 2015 which is about 700 lbs lighter because they are not building the body part with all Aluminum.

#26 ·
I would like to hear your impressions!! .
The Challenger RT 6MT was the first i test drove. Loved the new interior. Dodge nailed it. Interior felt comfortable and roomy for a coupe. The shifting gears was firm..and precise. The clutch had the perfect travel and weight. Low end torque felt nice, but it seemed to run out of steam a little soon. It had the STP and it handled well..and steering had good feedback. The 5.7 is no slouch and moved out nicely and was fun, and for the money i would own one for sure. But..due to the weight of the car, i would go with the 6.4 Scat or SRT.

I also drove the charger road and track..also felt great and the 8AT seemed a perfect match for the 5.7. It felt quick and responsive. (quicker compared to my 2011 RT Max that i had)

The Audi S4..amazing. Interior is gorgeous..seats firm, supportive and well bolstered. That 3.0 supercharged engine is a little beast. No way that car only has 330 +\- hp. That car was fast..very fast. Handles really well..due to the quattro. Car was stable, rock solid and quiet. MSRP:$56k.

Ford Explorer sport ecoboost. Big..roomy..comfortable...for an SUV, the ecoboost pulled nicely. 365 hp serves it well. Handled well..not sports car tight, but for the size of the vehicle, its firm and solid. Seats were very comfortable. Looks sharp with blacked out wheels and trim. Feels sporty yet luxurious. Nice vehicle, I was impressed. MSRP: $45-50K depending how equipped.

Lexus GS 350 F Sport. Gorgeous car. F Sport package looks aggressive. Interior quality was amazing. Ergonomics, perfect. Car felt solid and well built. Engine felt strong, but i wouldnt call it quick. It felt more luxury with a touch of sport. Best part is the car feels like quality. Everything seems just right and well built. Classy, good looking car. MSRP: $56K

Chevy SS. Just got back from dealership and test drive. Car was quick, and i really liked the heads up display. Undecided on the interior too much fake chrome..seats were ok..supportive..outside it looks sporty yet restrained. Looks more aggressive in person compared to pictures. Good looking car and powerful. I just didnt walk away overly impressed. Seemed to be missing something. MSRP: $47K **removing from my list.

Mercedes C300: (2014) Rock solid car. Feels like driving a go cart. Quick, not fast, but quick. Handles tight and sport suspension rides a little bumpy. Interior is quality. Ergonomics excellent. Its a small car. Good looking car. I liked it, but a little too small for my liking. **2015 model is bigger. Sat in it, but didnt drive it. The new interior is amazing. Game changer. MSRP: $52-58K.

I really want to drive the Challenger SRT 6MT. I did drive the 6.1 6MT a few years ago and still remember it. Was so impressed. Remember thinking damn this thing is a monster. .....Its been a while and i need to drive a new one.

Anyway...thats my impression. :)

Reactions: Currybob
#27 · (Edited)
Good reviews, thanks!!

If you cain't find an SRT come on down and I'll let you check out mine.

I was the first one in the state of Alabama to register a 2015 SRT Challenger. I think I am still the only one in Calhoun Co. that has one. I have only seen one other SRT and that was at my dealer in Birmingham around late Nov.

I will say this about the new A8 tranny, it is amazing!!!! Shifts so fast and smooth that it feels like it adds power to the vehicle. You can put it in sport mode and it shifts so fast you almost don't even feel it. Read the auto is actually faster on the track than the stick because of the new tranny!

#28 ·
If i get the SRT or any challenger for that matter, its going to be a 6MT. :)

Im really torn..its frustrating..of course the performance is second to none, yes the car is dead sexy, but im just wondering if the "in your face" styling will be a bit too much in the long term..i suppose im assuming that the brute power and the performance-fun factor will over shadow any concerns about styling long term...

Honestly, all things equal, if you asked me today, i would say my first choice is the S4. But...the downside is i find the Audi perhaps a bit too conservative, and there is the $6K premium over the SRT. Two completely different cars..besides both being fast..they couldnt be any different....

whenever i see an SRT, I stare and smile.just something about it..

but the S4...is..oh man..someone help. :)

#40 ·
Good deal!!

You are going to love it love it love it!!:thumbsup:

A8 or M6??

#41 ·
I opted for the A8, just not into rowing the gears as much as I used to be. I test drove a SP and R/T Plus before deciding. Basically just starting up the SP made up my mind! Such an amazing car, plus I was getting 28 mpg at highway speeds according to the dash, I could not believe it!

#45 · (Edited)
It was fine until all the new construction started this year for the Zierdt 4 lane expansion and Town Madison project. Now when it is not raining there are lots of delays during the day with heavy equipment crossing the road, not to mention all the rocks, mud, and debris from that equipment on the roads. Not looking forward to driving through all that in my new Challenger! Oh well I'll just have to be extra careful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.