Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Good Tuner located in GA?

8K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Raydar 
#1 ·
Did a search and could not find anything. Are there any good tuners in Ga? I have 2009 Challenger R/T that is fixin to get a supercharger. Thanks ahead of time!

#3 ·
Speedfactory.
Heh.
I was calling around, looking for a set of "takeoff" SRT springs and dampers for my R/T. Since they seem to do a lot of upgrades, I figured they were a likely source.
When I called down there the guy who answered the phone told me that they were the same pieces. :eek2:

I politely told him thanks for his time and hung up the phone. No sense even arguing.

(I truly hope that whoever answered the phone was just a "gofer" or something. I'd hate to think that their mechanical folks were that ill-informed.)

Not saying not to use them. Just be careful.

#4 ·
I've been by their shop, its actually located at and I believe is part of Landmark Dodge's service department. When I was having my first oil change there, they showed me a couple SRT's they were putting superchargers in. I haven't had anything else done by them so I can't give a recommendation but, there was also a Motortrend article a few months ago that looked at a Speedfactory Challenger...: 2010 Hennessey Chevrolet Camaro HPE650 vs 2009 SpeedFactory Challenger SRT8 vs 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Comparison - Motor Trend

#7 ·
Thanks for that, 440/6! :D
I didn't know there was anyone that close to me.

Titanium...
Thanks for the info. I read the article in the magazine. They seem to have a fairly good rep, although there were some issues with their build as well.
Not that that would be a show stopper for me.
They are on the other side of the city from me, though.

'Course I don't know where 09Vanishing is. Might be right next door to him. :)

#8 ·
Raydar

I think you would be pleased with injected. I have know these guys a long time. They will take good care of you! Where do you live? PM me if you have any questions or I can help. It will come to my blackberry. At this point I have limited access to the internet.

#9 ·
Thanks man!
I'm in "north" Douglasville. Just inside Paulding.
Kennesaw is just a quick trip to the northeast from me.

Now that I've got some miles on the car, I probably ought to go get a baseline, if nothing else.

#10 ·
If you are in Paulding county, there's a speed shop nearby. This shop just opened, but they are manned by techs from MPH, the tuning people behind Mr. Norm's Challenger. MPH recently was bought out by Mr. Norms and their shop moved to Chicago.

Mo's Speed is at 204 White Park Dr.,Dallas Ga. 30132
770 443 7175 or
404 569 3786

#16 ·
Tell Jeff I sent you. He knows me. He LOVES Challengers, as does Marty. Don't feel like you're in the way. It's fun just to hang out and watch, they don't mind! As close as you are, you could be one of the regulars that just go over to hang out and talk. You'll see a lot of cool cars and trucks.

Jeff has worked on a lot of Mustangs, so there will always be one there or show up before long.

Also, he is an expert at the track, and offers very good advice to help you out.

Glad you met him. Once you meat Marty O, you'll really be set, because he is an amazing gear head with a very nice muscle car collection.

#21 ·
I thought I had updated this, but apparently I didn't.
I joined a group of Deep South Mopar folks at Injected Engineering on Saturday a week ago for a Dyno Day.
Lots of fun was had by all!
It's a very nice, well run facility!
Even got a sticker and a T-shirt. :D

#25 ·
I'll be moving to GA in a few months, and just wanted to get subscribed...gonna' need a reliable shop eventually. Hopefully, get a chance to meet up with some of y'all. :thumbsup: Oh, and Raydar, how'd the baseline pulls look?
We'll look for ya'! :thumbsup:

The baselines were interesting.
IIRC, the automatic R/Ts dynoed in the 330s, stock. 340s with a Predator tune.
The 6 speed R/Ts dynoed in the 350s.
The SRT and a 426 road racer that were there pretty much ripped the Dyno out of the floor. :D
J/K!!! I think the SRT went 388 and the 426 racer went 436 or so. Both were automatics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.