Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Safe place for high speed runs near Pittsburgh?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Intense 
#1 ·
I'd like to do a top end speed run in my '11 GWE R/T, just to try it out, and it's probably a good idea to not do it on a regular highway. Just wondering if anyone in the Pittsburgh area knows of a safe place for this.

Maybe an old airport runway, or a REALLY out of the way piece of road with no place for cops to hide?

I know of one long stretch of mostly smooth road that has some nice wide open pieces (Route 28 north between Freeport and Kittanning, northeast of Pittsburgh, and it's about 14 miles long), but there's too many places for state cops to hide with their radar guns. Not a lot of traffic either, I wouldn't even try a 100+ mph run if any other cars at all were in my way.

Unless I had a friend drive a mile or so ahead of me to check for cops hiding and be talking to me on the cell phone as they went..... just sayin'.......:pimp:

#4 ·
I'd look for a track, as in a road course...and be willing to travel to do it. For a serious road trip...You may even be able to run it at the salt flats at top speed if you looked into doing it with an organization in a stock class or the like.:thumbsup:The TX mile is another event I hear a lot about and there may be equivalent races similar to it at other locations around the country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.