Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SoCal Challengers Car Club 2013 Updates

13K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  NoSynAck 
#1 · (Edited)

SoCal Challengers
car club had our first meet and greet of the year today at the Monrovian Restaurant. It's always good to see our members (and prospective members), and their cars, together. Please see our media gallery for images from today's event.

Our elections are always held in February and this year is no different. We will post information on the date, time and location of the election meeting here, and on our web site, as soon as it is finalized.

Are you looking to join a local Southern California Dodge Challenger car club? Give SoCalChallengers.com a visit. We may fit what you're looking for in a car club. If you need more information please feel free to use the "Contact Us" link on our web site.

SoCal Challengers dynamic events calender can be found on our web site. Click on the menu item "Events" for a listing by month. Here's a link for our 2013 events that have been scheduled so far this year.

You must create an account via our main web site in order to be able to post in the forum and see information for registered users on the web site. During registration, you will be given an opportunity to opt-in to our public newsletter. You do not have to be a member (although we encourage membership) of SoCal Challengers to post in the forum or sign-up for our newsletter.

See less See more
#4 ·
If you are new thanks for stopping in. Socal Challengers would like to welcome you to join us at an upcoming event. This year will bring some changes and more events. There will be a lot of great cruises that we will be doing so please let us know if you would like to join us.

#9 ·
Springfest 8!

Socal Challengers attended the 8th annual Springfest LX meet held at the old El Toro Marine base. It was an amazing event that started out with meeting our friends from Norcal and Central Coast Challengers over at the Yardhouse building in Irvine. This year Socal had 44 members attend Springfest.

Once at the event we started to set up shop and sell our custom designed Socal Challenger T-shirts that were designed by Socal Challenger member Jon sibal. All proceeds from the T-shirt and lanyard sales benefited our charity which is the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. We ended up raising more than $2,000 for our charity which benefits the men and woman of our military that have been wounded in battle. All of us in Socal Challengers would like to thank you for your purchases and allowing us to give back to our charity. :bowdown:

Other key moments at Springfest was having the head of SRT Design Mark Trostle sit with us under our canopy and speak with us for a bit. This is where Mark Trostle signed up for Twitter and sent out his first tweet :yikes:...Socal member Chris Sawyer ended up winning the raffle for a 4 piece roll cage worth $1,200!!... During our group photo we were privileged to have the President and CEO of SRT Ralph Giles in our photo. All of us know how down to earth Ralph is, and we appreciate all he gives back to the LX community... Another amazing experience at SF was having Socal member Isreal Magana's moms tamales. I think 100 tamales were eaten in a matter of minutes and I am not exaggerating on that number. Please thank your mom for all of us Isreal :ladysman:. The last thing I would like to mention was having one our founding fathers Jeff Lowe attend SF which most of us didn't even know he was attending. Jeff has moved to Washington and his presence has been truly missed :icon_cry:.

Socal Challengers would also like to welcome 3 new members that joined our family at SF. Jose Martinez-Gonzalez, Michael Williams, and Richard Taylor. All of us in Socal welcome you and we all look forward to having you guys around for the various events that are planned for this year. :woot:

Attachments

#21 ·
Thanks

I would like to thank all of the Great People that make the SoCal Challengers for letting myself and my daughter (Sammi) hang out with your group. Especially David (REDDOG) that treated us so good. It will be a time that we will remember for along time. Best event that we have been to. We hope to do it next year and plan to attend more of the events next year (we just got the car running Friday evening, in time for the Saturday show this year).

#22 ·
That was a great event. From the roll in to the roll out, great looking Mopars as far as the eye can see. I was a bit late in getting to the meeting spot but here are some photo I was able to take from the event. Enjoy!

Spring Fest never fails to bring out a tent filled with Chrysler/Dodge/SRT production and special edition models.

One of which is the 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Redline which was unveiled last month...

New model like this SRT 300 made its debut at the event..

There were also a few other models there including a few Dodge Dart GTS..

I've seen this 426 Challenger before but it's still one of my favorites from the show..

On the other end of the big tent, Chrysler brought out their Challenger SRT8 ACR built by Mopar Underground..

Spring Fest would not have been possible without the SoCalLX crew. Big Thanks to the SoCalLX John and Jon!

And of course, John Fortuno and his FC 2.0

John debuted his new set up, 1st Supercharged 426Hemi Chrysler 300.

After most of the Spring Fest attendees were all set up, we gathered by the center stage for some "free" announcements lol

Just like last year, SRT CEO Ralph Gilles and Chrysler CEO Saad Chehab parting the crowd as they made a great entrance into the center of the stage.

The attendees were all ears as Ralph took on the mic.

He gave thanks to the SRT/Chrysler/Dodge crew behind the brand.

With all the rumors floating around, he assured the crowd that the Challenger will not go away anytime soon which pleased everyone at the event.

He then passed the mic to Saad Chehab for making the Chrysler brand, from Ralph's own words, "cool" again.

After the announcements, Ralph made himself available for the fans..

He mingled with everyone, signing car parts and shaking hands..

There was a continuous line of fans all through out the day..

Another cool moment from the event was when Mark Trostle, Head of SRT Design, hung out with the SoCal Challenger crew,

He spent some time answering and dodging some questions lol.

He sent his 1st ever tweet right under our tent!

It was also great to have our SoCal Challenger ex Co-President Jeff aka Deuce join us for the fun. We miss you Jeff!!

Speaking of the SoCal Challenger crew, glad to see it being represented well as always.

A 2008 SRT8 HPP 002 Superbird was a special guest and part of the line up.

Our good friend Rick aka RBart proudly rocking his "Hello Kitty" badge on his KB supercharged SRT8 LOL.

Jesse and his monster 17psi boosted SRT8 putting down close to 1000hp to the wheels..

Mike and Mike jr. brought out their slick ride..

Kevin's R/T looking good and sounding pretty good with Zoomers exhaust.

Jeff got in late but got a great spot close by..

Anther shot of the crew chilln..

As always, Spring Fest offered FREE lunch under this hug tent. Here's a shot from earlier in the day

And all filled up later in the day..

#23 ·
One of my favorite car at the event is Ron's Drag Pak Challenger...

Yup, that's a Viper engine in there..

And here are some more shots of the cool rides in attendance..

More pics of the SoCalChallengers and SCC friends' rides ..

Here are just a few of the many vendors in attendance. My friends at the TuttleClick Irvine..

West Coast Customs..

VORTECH was there with a Supercharged 6.4

and couple more boosted HEMIs.

They also were kind enough to have my car in their booth

At the event, I had a chance to get Ralph himself sign my car..

He even tweeted about my car LOL. Here's a screen shot of his tweet.

At the end of the day, the lucky IE owners got together for their usual group shot.

Ending my post with this group shot of the SoCal Challenger crew and friends with Ralph Gilles in the midst of us.

#27 ·
An other outstanding Spring Fest. I would like to thank all of you who came to Spring Fest 8. With out each one of you it could never be the outstanding event that it is and it keeps getting bigger and better each year. So pass the word and lets see where we take it for Spring Fest 9.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.