Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Any uk owners ?

71K views 275 replies 35 participants last post by  ScottishChallenger 
#1 ·
Hi just Curious, as a bit of a newbie to challengers I was just curious if there was many uk owners out there, all the time i was looking only saw at most 4 for sale in the in whole of the uk and already done a few long business trips and never seen another on the road,

Be good to hear if there's anyone else on the forum from the uk

Kev

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
nice, mines a 09 Rt, can i ask what side markers do you have, my light conversion was done a bit temp as it was a isa serviceman's who originally was going to take the car back home.

I've sorted the rear indicator and front side lights, but can't seem to find cool way of dealing with the side flashers

thanks

#8 ·
hi chilly and jay

hi guys good to hear from you, i'm in devon saw a challenger in a car park in orlando and knew i had to have one. i'b be interested to know ideas on light conversions i've gone with halos for side lights, and a cool led strips under the rear lights as amber indicators both i'm pretty pleased with but struggling with side indicator/ markers. I've got nasty stick ons a the moment but look for a better looking solution

we should consider group buying parts if we need them and see if we can save on shipping :) i have a friend who regularly brings containers in from the states and always has room to spare for those bigger parts

all the best

#9 · (Edited)
i'm a engineer by trade, have a look at this, this is the light conversion on the back of my old caprice, as you can see no extra lights on the outside, uses next gen LED's and a bit of basic wiring for rear switchbacks.

click picture for vid.

as for side indicators, i'm not sure yet, if you check the IVA rebs it only has to be seen from the side to rear, so i'm thinking LED on the rear of the mirror,

#10 ·
side lights

nice mod, from what I've read you have to be able to see the side indicator when you stood at righ angles to you rear light 1m offset so side mirror would work well i did find a thread that did this but i don't really have the skills to do it.

i was thinking of putting led's behind a R/T badge on the side, or even embed led's the "/" part of the badge ? what do you think ?

i love the side lines of the car and loathed to put anything on it :)

#11 ·
Yeah the sidelights are a pain, my lighting work was done by teslayn engineering never oxford, the work is excellent, it was actually a repair job after the importer I brought the car from did a bodge job on it, my car has the side lights in the side mirrors and the new one has really small little sidelights on my fenders under the hood to fender R/T decals, they're very discreet. My tail lights are all internal like jinxjay's (nice work by the way)
Nice to speak with some uk owners :)

#17 ·
side lights

i was thinking of going down the route i saw when i had a 300c there was a company lighting up the back badge by mounting in perspex then setting led's inside the perspex. you end up with a slightly raised badge that has a back light

this type of thing

Gen I Chrysler Illuminated Rear Wing

#19 ·
lights n stuff

Probably the best light conversion I have seen was done by Teslayn Engineering.
Teslaynengineering.co.uk
They didn't do my challenger, but only because someone else did it before I owned it !!
I've seen their work, it is excellent.
Have a look at the interactive website.
Cheers. Adrian.

#20 ·
Probably the best light conversion I have seen was done by Teslayn Engineering.
Teslaynengineering.co.uk
They didn't do my challenger, but only because someone else did it before I owned it !!
I've seen their work, it is excellent.
Have a look at the interactive website.
Cheers. Adrian.
yea there work looked real nice, but damn its expensive.

#24 · (Edited)
This is the worst thread ever. All I want to do now is go down to the bloody chippy but that doesn't exist here in U.S. and it's never truly fish and chips without black fingers afterwards. I'm glad that you guys are enjoying your cars. I'm going back to the UK for my honeymoon next year, who's onboard for a Challenger pub crawl/meet?

#26 ·
That doesn't make me happy it makes me jealous ha ha.

#27 · (Edited)
Maybe we could do the meet at The Black Sheep brewery? We have a while but what do you think?

#29 ·
Too bad I can't bring my car with me

#32 ·
We are in aylesbury, bucks, have a 2009 dodge challenger, just got her recently, it also has the yellow led strips under the rear red lenses, good enough for mot, but when being followed, noticed when hubs was indicating not the greatest or most obvious, your video looks exactly what we want to do, some one has mentioned spider LEDs which should sine through red lenses, how did you do yours?

Any help much appreciated, had my first drive yesterday, what power, and what feeling, husband went a bit quiet when she had a little wheel spin at the lights, got proper told off, he,s fine now though

Have to say what a brilliant forum

Just had our recall done on hot start and timing chain, only found out when Neil wanted to order a touch up pen and gave them our vin number, that we had 2 outstanding, so big up the dodge dealer hughes of beaconsfield who sorted it all out

Jules and neil

#33 ·
hi Jules, really nice to hear from you, glad you like your car, i'm still waiting for IVA.

i'll let you have all the details on how to sort the lights, i've also worked my rear fogs into the rear clusters and still kept all side lights, also all the lights in the boot lid used as brake lights as well,

already had the indicators checked by a vosa tester, he said they ere ok, but lets just see if it passes... LOL.

i'm supprised you got the recall done in the UK, were there any problems or funny about a grey import car??

#35 ·
Just had a quote to change the led strip below the red lenses to a flashing yellow, no other light or bulbs, take a seat people £800 plus vat wtf!!!!!

Any one used spider led's to return rear cluster to flashing yellow

Don't mind spending money on the car but flipping heck, also price did not reflect premises for sure and tried to up sell to 2 x experienced sales people by scare tactics and slagging off the car

Where have all the good guys gone

Any help greatly appreciated

#36 ·
I'm half way through a mod on my rear lights, i've just ordering 2 new rear light clusters to mod just in case all doesn't go to plan. but i've made a neat solution with some 12 mm perspex tube with a led strip inserted in. i'm then thinking of drilling the side walls of the light clusters and running the tube edge to edge and resealing.

so far its cost
£3.99 for the tube
13.99 for the leds
£48 plus shipping for the light clusters

may not go to plan but its worth a try

i have led strips under the clusters at the moment which is fine but i'm worried they might not hold up to the uk weather too well

if you wanted to share the shipping on the light clusters i'm sure it would be cheaper to ship 4 instead of 2, let me know

the alternative is to spilt the rear clusters (cutting or heating) and set the less inside not sure i'm brave enough :)

#37 · (Edited)
dont spent the money yet LOL.

lets see if mine goes through IVA as it is now,

if it does its about £30 in bits and no modding to the light clusters at all, jut a bit of wiring behind,

if you want the switch back as in the video, thats just a small hole drilled in the back of the cluster, relays and a bit more wiring,

#38 ·
hi JinxJay, can you repost the video link i seem to have missed it, sounds interesting :)

thanks
kev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.