Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Uk challenger meet up 2015

8K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  PaulW 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wondering does any one fancy meeting up later in the year at a point that's half way ish for all, chance to give the car a good run and have a nice backdrop/venue/lunch in the meantime plus an amazing sight of challengers lined up side by side, but not in an American car show field situation,

Any thoughts, we have a few months yet to sort out routes and venue suggestions,

Jules and neil

#5 · (Edited)
Finding an acceptable 'central' location is always going to be a tricky one given the length and breadth of this fair isle, but at the risk of inflaming regional sensitivities, here are a couple of other candidate, car-friendly, venues to open up the discussion:

Heritage Motor Centre & Museum, Gaydon. Off M40 nr. Warwick, CV35 0BJ
Huge car park, photo-friendly backdrops, indoor facilities with nice café, excellent motorway access.

Sharnbrook Hotel, A6 n. of Bedford, MK44 1LY
Hotel, restaurant and bar owned and run by a car-mad family, good photo backdrops, great food, overnight accommodation with safe parking for those who may want that option.

#9 · (Edited)
If you look in the adjacent forum thread 'Any UK Owners?' pages 11-13 you can see comments and photos from those who attended the 2014 UK MOPAR Nats.

Regional Forums -> International -> Any UK Owners? -> pages 11-13

Looked like a good turn out. There was a lot on that weekend with the Sliverstone Classic run on the same date. Popular dates in the summer mean that we have to chose between clashing events.

#11 · (Edited)
Difficult to find a consolidated list of events suitable for modern Challengers in the UK. A partial listing of UK American car events appears on the magazine website classic-american.com At the time of writing, it looks like it needs to be rolled forward to show more of the 2015 schedule.

There are lots of events on individual club and venue calendars e.g Mopar Muscle Association UK, CanAm Car Club and the various single model American owners clubs who make us welcome at their events. With Challengers being so unusual here, its rare to see another at an event (apart from the MOPAR Nats, of course). Some of my favourites in the south of England are below, but there are many more that others may like to add:

June
6-7 Speedfest Brands Hatch
20 Classic & Retro Castle Combe

July
24-26 Silverstone Classic
24-26 MOPAR Nats Santa Pod

August
29 Chelsea Cruise (last Sat every month)
30 Wilton Wakeup American

September
27 Wilton Wakeup Performance Cars

October
3-4 Prescott American
4 Vee-Power Breakfast Club Goodwood

#13 ·
Welcome Paul, from a fellow '09 SRT8 owner a little bit further out west along the M4.

This forum together with the 'Yank Motors' thread on PistonHeads are probably the most active for UK Challenger owners, unless others want to chip in with additional sites. Also, the Mopar Muscle Association where a few moderns enjoy the company of some beautiful original '70s Challengers.

Don't forget to post a pic of your car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
Challenger forum

Hi thanks for your reply. No pics of the car yet just waiting for a nice venue and better weather. Loving the car, amazing reaction from people, everybody loves a Challenger!
A question, where are you other Brit owners putting your front number plate? Mine is on the right hand side of the bumper but not really happy with that.
PaulW

#17 ·
I am using the stow-n-show plate mount. It mounts the plate in the front middle. But you can remove it when you are showing the car. Costs about $80 on Amazon. The pictures show a standard plate because I am still waiting on the v-5 to get the UK plates made.

Attachments

#20 ·
Ace Cafe

Finally got down to the Ace Cafe last night with the car, It was the first time for me and I only live 15 mins away! Really enjoyed it and will be a regular now, the car was well received as always.
Then went down to Chelsea Bridge and Kings Road, there was some nice cars, worth the drive.

#21 ·
Hi just been to Classics on the Green at Croxley Hertfordshire. Unfortunately the weather was not good but there was an amazing turn out all the same. All shapes, sizes, eras and some really nice Americans.
I saw a nice orange SRT late model 6.3 Hemi but the owner was not there. Shame would have liked to have met up. I was a bit late and couldn't get into the show area with my Hemi Orange 2009 SRT Reg
W8 HEM. Maybe next year

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.