Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Alignment Issue

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  TheBigB 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I'm having an issue... I have 20 x 10 on rear and 20 x 9 viper black replicas. My car has been pulling to the right and I can't find an aligment center around here that doesn't clamp that metal thing to the rim. They all tell me that it will put scratches on the black. The only place I found has been a old school alignment center that wants $500 to elongate one of the tie rod holes... Where do you guys go with painted rims?

#5 ·
I haven't done an alignment since the late 80's.but I don't see why you cant put the standard gauges on rims without scratching them. they hook on the outside lip. Same lip you drag a bar across to mount a tire.

Hell the picture above the Subaru dealer I was at last week has it setup right in the roll in area and the service writers check the alignments right there as there writing up the ticket.

Look around for a performance shop to do alignments.

#7 ·
I did find one place around here that does it old school. He uses hand gauges. He wanted to charge me $432 to elongate one of the tie rod holes? He said that the challenger doesn't have adjustments so you have to buy a kit or drill holes....

#18 ·
Hey they never gave me a print out with the original alignment that I had done. I'm trying out to avoid taking the tires off and switching just because it's a pain but that is always an option.if it did pull in the other direction by switching the tires would we say that there's a bad radial because it was doing this before putting the new tires on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.