Dodge Challenger Forum banner

coil overs and end links

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rob@WretchedMS 
#1 ·
I am trying to aquire the funds for a decent set of coilovers, to lower the car a little and improve handling. I want my 275/30ZR20's to not have a huge gap like it does with stock suspension. I have anti-sway bars and adjustable end links. Its pretty firm, but coil overs will finnish the job, and a 1" drop will make it look right, plus improve cornering.

When I read about adjustable end links they mention its used for lowered cars.

My question is this. With all the lowering I see, from mild to slammed on the ground, I dont see anyone mentioning adjusting end liks. What adjustments would need to be made thats needed because of lowering?

The primary reason I replaced end links were becaues the stronger anti-sway bars were pushing the stock end links, so I didnt want to brake them. With the adjustable ones, I put the car on ramps and put my weight in the drivers side and adjusted the car for my weight and with the subwoofer in the trunk. Beyond that, I dont know the engineering behind why or how to tune it, other than the obvious part that they can be lengthened or shortened with a wrench.

#2 ·
With our coilovers when you adjust the height it doesn't alter the position of the sway bar or links, as the lower clevis mount doesn't move, just the coilover tube moves up and down.

We also offer Adjustable HD Quiet front links, and double ball rear links that are stronger than OE.

the main purpose of adjustable end links is setting preload (or getting rid of it) to tune the handling.

I'm on the way out the door for the night, but i will be around most of the day tomorrow if you need me.

#3 ·
Thanks. For preload, does adding or removing preload, act like having a firmer or softer anti-sway bar. So adding preload = firmer, and removing makes for softer?

Also, when going with coilovers and loweirng it 1-2" your saying I dont need to adjust the end links at all, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.