Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hawk Brake Pads Scraping on 2015 Scat Pack

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Techdude82 
#1 ·
Good morning,

I need a 2nd opinion from the Challenger community since my local Dodge dealership service department wants me to believe that this continuous scraping noise is normal for aftermarket brake pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rfkSI9PO3o

These are the Hawk Performance HB194B.570 HPS 5.0 Disc Brake Pad's which according to Hawk's website should be a perfect fit for the 2011-2014 SRT brakes that the 2015 Scat Pack uses.

They are on new rotors since when placing them on they determined I needed new ones. I realize now I should have immediately asked them to just put on the Brembo brake pads again to see if the issue would have been resolved. I didn't...sigh.

It's odd that it's more prominent on the right rear than the left rear...

#4 ·
Brake dust and an annoying pressure-sensitive squeal that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I tried. Dealership installed the Hawk pads for me. At first it was only on the fronts, and I loved them so much that I got them immediately on the rears, but then this happened.

#5 ·
I think they would be alright if I can just get the right rear to stop the scrape. When I did the pass with the driver side to the building wall I could barely hear anything, and wonder if that's just me hearing the right side again.

#6 ·
did you get the spring plate that keeps pressure on the top of the pads on the brembos seated correctly? that sounds like metal scraping not pad.. i would pull the tires and take a look around

#7 ·
So I took it into another Dodge dealership not far away over lunch and they were able to fix the issue. The work order says "bent back plate" and sure enough it sounds just like the left side which is a non-issue for me. I don't know what the problem was at my closer Dodge dealership or why they wanted to argue with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.