Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat rear tires....

17K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  TinCuda 
#1 ·
OK guys, you have has your Hellcats long enough to start sharing some information.

What is the Largest rear tire you have put on your Hellcat with...

Stock wheels no spacers,

Stock wheels with spacers,

Aftermarket wheels. Please include size and offset.

Pictures are a plus.

Thanks

#2 ·
Obviously aftermarket wheel. 10.5" backset 25mm with 3/16" spacer=say 20mm works.
Pirelli P-Zero 315/35 106Y (Ferrari Spec). Probably the largest tire we can use without extensive mods inside the wheel well.

Attachments

#4 ·
That ass!!!

#11 ·
Just drove the little torque monster downtown Minneapolis and back early this morning, it was about 50 degrees and it wants to shred those tires at highway speeds! Very sensitive to colder road temps, don't matter how big. Dodge has gifted us with outstanding machines.

#13 ·
A short story on lip dimensions and specs. A 25mm backset on a 10.5" wheel will put the outside lip 3/8" inside of the sheet metal. The OEM 9.5" outside lip with the 18.5 mm backset is 5/8" inside of the sheet metal. Measured the OEM myself with the 305/35 drag radials on it. FYI the tire sides after the bulge of that tire are exactly in line with the sheet metal.

#17 ·
What is the stock tire that comes on the Hellcat? Brand/model, not size.

#19 · (Edited)
Will the 315/35 R20 tire work on the Hellcat with stock rims and no spacers? I know that I am kind of splitting hairs here, but it looks like the tire height would be closer to what the front tires are.

Attachments

#23 ·
Cool, good to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.