Dodge Challenger Forum banner

mopar stage one lowering springs

19K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  SunnyS 
#1 ·
So I just purchased my 2015 pitch black scat pack and want to lower the car a little. I have researched alot and came up with either the Mopar stage one but .5 of a inch in the rear doesnt seem to be much. My question is will i need a camber kit with the mopar stage one kit and does the rear really only lower 1/2 a inch? I also thinking of getting hotchkis 19120 kit but again im worried that my wheels will look bowed and need a camber kit. I refuse to use a camber kit and rather stay stock. Please help?

#2 ·
I have Mopar Stage 1's on my 2015. I recently measured my ride height next to another forum member's 2015 SRT and the difference was about an inch. Doesn't sound like much but it's a pretty noticeable difference.

As for the install, nothing extra was required. Just an alignment when they were finished.

#3 ·
I lowered my 2013 with Stage One's. No camber kit needed, there are a bunch of threads on this topic

My car came with STP so it was already lowered from the factory. The Mopar springs lowered it some more to "just right" Before and after pics tell the story

Before

After

Reactions: 15RT and 19johned53
#7 ·
Lowering "about an inch" is relative as Challengers with and without STP start at different places. At the end of the day the distance from the ground to your fenders should be approx. 30" in the front and 30.8 or 9 inches in the rear. You will not need a camber kit, but get an alignment.

#8 ·
FYI, On my Scat Pack with stock springs, I'm at 29 1/4" front and 31" rear. I'm also considering the stage 1 set.

#13 · (Edited)

Beautiful stance and cars^^^I really like the height with these lowering springs. Been hard for me to pull the trigger on lowering from stock. Also, I've heard with the 6spds the rear shocks are NIVOMAT, leading to having to replace the rear shocks as well.

Thoughts on this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thank you. It took me three years to finally "just do it", and I couldn't have asked for more. Great ride quality, handling, and then the "look" :)

Mine's an A5, so I left the stock shocks on it, and so far, so good.

I think that Pat is very pleased with his too, as it looks killer to me.

#14 ·
I put stage 1's on my '12YJ. The rears had to settle a bit but dropped it nicely for a bit of lowered/raked stance.

I had to change my tires last fall and ended up needing a front end bolt kit to get the alignment back into spec. I also needed a +1mm link that Dodge offers for the rear suspension that adjusted the rear camber. But, that wasn't installed after my dealer put the front bolts in and let the rear settle for a bit with the car weight on it. It all came back into spec and so far tire wear has been really good. I posted the details in another thread - I'll try and link that thread later.

#24 ·
Whoa, $1000 to install? Run far away from that shop. The car club I am in ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthBayChallengers/ ... Does events call "4x4 No More" where we lower cars, we've done 8 now and we can do a car in less than two hours. If you pay more than 400 in labor to do the job you are paying too much

Attachments

#27 ·
My '16 Scat Pack is coming in next week. I was spoiled with the Stage Ones on my R/TC, but I'm going to "wait and see" what the SP drives out like, and what the springs settle down to by Spring time.

If I'm not pleased by Summertime, I'll have to consider another set of Stage Ones for it. So, I've got some time to decide.

#30 ·
I guess the old saying "your results may vary" really is true regarding whether you'll be able to align after lowering.

I lowered my '11 R/T Classic with Stage 1 springs and eventually added Eibach control arms to get the front in spec and Eibach adjustable camber bushings to get rear in spec. Brought all four corners dead center plus the handling and ride both improved. Just wish I'd done it all at the same time.

It was that or continue chewing up tires after the installing dealer and two tire shops tried and couldn't get to even the edge of spec.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.