Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Need Verdestein Ultrac Sessanta reviews.

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  70TA-09RT 
#1 ·
So I'm really considering the 315/35-20 Verdestein Ultrac Sessanta's as my new winter tires and am looking for a few specific review items on them.

-How would you rate their wet performance

-Can they really handle power when its dry for some actual fun between rain?

-Does anyone know how they compare to other tires size wise? I'm specifically interested in a 315/35-20 NT05 to 315/25-20 Verd width comparison. I had seen a post about the NT05's being substantially narrower than other brand tires of the same size rating.

Then obviously any other useful information you have to throw out like tread wear, road noise, etc.

#2 ·
I'll try to answer from my running both tires in the 315/35 also for the comparison I am at 546 rwhp 6 pounds of boost.

Wet Comparison NT05 very tire stable on the highway and cruising, once off the main roads out in the country with a crown they tend to be loose with hp your looking to be putting down I found the rear sliding towards the side of the road. made a mental note to go easy when running these tires

Verds wet performance very impressed caught in heavy rain on the highway no problems with tracking at all I was able to maintain higher speeds and it looked like a fog behind me. They also worked better on the back roads with a crown the design seems to push the water out better.

Tire Width
NT05 315/35/20 10" rim I have a 11" contact patch approximate
Verds 315/30/22 10.5" rims 11.25" contact patch approximate

I know a couple of people who have these tires on there car and are running 9" SRT8 rims with out issue.

Overall Evaluation:
I would rate the verds as the tire of choice it will perform in all of your driving conditions in SoCal and it will perform great in the turns also. Both are very good tires and the aggressive tread design on both tires get's peoples attention. From a comfort view the verds have a slightly better ride, from the noise factor the verds are quieter. This is my observation from running both tires on my car.

Final point: Both of these tires are for SUMMER PERFORMANCE they do not do well on cold roads and snow. If you are going to be caught in snow then these aren't the tires to use.

rear shot NT05 315/35/20

Verds 315/30/22

#3 ·
Exactly what I was looking for. Looks like I will probably end up needing to use a spacer but I have a set sitting around so that's nothing.

As for the snow... Last time it snowed here I was in 1st grade lol...

Thanks for a spot on review and the exact comparison I was looking for. I'm excited to see how these tires work out... But I still want the rain to go away so I can get back to slicks :)

#5 ·
I'm running the Vreds. They are a great summer tire. The only downside is their cold weather performance (expected in a summer tire). But since you're in CA, the Vreds are a great choice since they perform well, look great and are very reasonably priced.

#6 ·
VRedesteins Ultrac Sessanta

I'm a little late in the wider tire game but i want to run 265/35/22 on my concave 22 x 9.5 fronts and 315/30/22 on 22 x 11 rear of my 2010 R/T. Tire shops are giving me recommendations, I want to confirm that they will fit with or without a offset, clearly they are not as adventurous as myself... Can I get a little help and maybe some more pics?

#7 ·
I'm a little late in the wider tire game but i want to run 265/35/22 on my concave 22 x 9.5 fronts and 315/30/22 on 22 x 11 rear of my 2010 R/T. Tire shops are giving me recommendations, I want to confirm that they will fit with or without a offset, clearly they are not as adventurous as myself... Can I get a little help and maybe some more pics?
I have run that combo for the past 4 years here are some photos to help assist I don't have the offset as Bismark never gives out the offset but my fronts are 9.5x22 and the rears 22x11, BTW I never listen to tire shops these tires wore great and rode even better drove it all the way to California for SF6 the only time they didn't do so well was in the snow in Flagstaff AZ

#9 ·
good luck with getting them mounted just make sure the shop has Hunter Equipment the balancing is the toughest part :guiness:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.