Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Shoes Being Made

9K views 61 replies 17 participants last post by  SunnyS 
#1 ·
I've got a set of MRR FS01 flow forged wheels being made. They were in powder coat yesterday so they should be shipping yet this week. It will however have to wait for spring and nice weather before they get mounted up. I have 20x9.5s coming for the front and 20x11.0s coming for the rear. I plan to run 275/40r20s up front and 305/35r20s out back, maybe 315s. Front wheels will weigh in around 21# and the 11's will be at 24#. Satin black powdercoat to resemble stock WRT's but MMR can coat any color you can imagine. Also custom offsets are not an issue with these guys. Finally a wheel manufacturer that can produce a strong, lightweight wheel with any offsets and finishes without breaking the bank plus their customer service has been great. I'm getting pumped to get new wheels/tires on it and then I can decide on coilovers and get my ride height dialed in. Also picked up stock Mopar Hellcat hood from BWoody today. Not up-badging with the hood anymore than changing wheels and suspension, simply modding. Plus I just dig the SRT & HC hoods and this HC hood was priced to the point I couldn't pass on it. Likely will be getting is satin black wrapped which should look nice on my granite Scat.

Here's a pic of a Shaker that MRR did with 9.5 & 11.0 FS01 wheels. I'll post picks when I get mine rockin.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
They are hub centric as well, no hub rings required. MRR machines the hub bore for correct fitment. I looked at much more expensive wheels that I feel have nothing over these. Placed my order last Friday and wheels were completely machined by the end on Monday and went to powder coat yesterday. Can't complain about their lead time at all!

#11 ·
I've got a set of MRR FS01 flow forged wheels being made. They were in powder coat yesterday so they should be shipping yet this week. It will however have to wait for spring and nice weather before they get mounted up. I have 20x9.5s coming for the front and 20x11.0s coming for the rear. I plan to run 275/40r20s up front and 305/35r20s out back, maybe 315s. Front wheels will weigh in around 21# and the 11's will be at 24#. Satin black powdercoat to resemble stock WRT's but MMR can coat any color you can imagine. Also custom offsets are not an issue with these guys. Finally a wheel manufacturer that can produce a strong, lightweight wheel with any offsets and finishes without breaking the bank plus their customer service has been great.
Since they did custom offset can they do correct bolt pattern. Eyeing a wheel with different bolt pattern.

#23 ·
Finally got some accurate weight readings on these rims and Wasp guessed very close. The 20x9.5 = 22.80 lbs and the 20x11.0 = 24.90 lbs. I believe the stock 20x9.0 WRT's that I removed weighed around 28.8 lbs. I'm mounting a tire on the rear rim tomorrow and will check the fitment of this rear on the car Sunday. At that point I'm prepared to modify the plastic liners as needed as well as flattening the 3:00 & 9:00 sheet metal ribs on the chassis. Getting pumped to get these on my Scat and determine how much of a drop I need to achieve the perfect stance. RideTech coilovers will be going on in a couple of weeks and will likely lower my Scat approx. 1 1/4-1 1/2". Satin black painted HC hood is going on this Friday afternoon.

#28 ·
It is great. I looked at 3-piece forged wheels for lightness and just couldn't get myself to spend $4500-5500. These are flow forged, very light, strong and the quality is exceptional. These are just as custom as any custom wheel where you specify the width, offset, finish and color and lighter than many of them.

#29 ·
pics of them mounted?

Do you have any pics of them mounted, or are you still trying to make it fit (read your other thread). Is the tire width the problem, or the wheel width and offset?

I am thinking of custom wheels at 10.5@+25 offset and wanted to compare.

#32 ·
This link has good visual representation that can help :
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

10.5 w/24-27 offset is perfect. I got my test tire mounted up today for a test fit on Sunday. I tend to stray a bit from the crowd and did not do a 305 or 315 on the rear. I got a Falken Azenia 295/40R20 mounted up today. It has a cross section of 12.3" but measured 12.5" on my 11" rim, it's 1/2" bigger in diameter than a typical 315 and it has a 12"+ wide tread which is 1" wider than most 315's. So this tire/wheel combo looks massive - pics later tonight. I don't track my car, it my DD, so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this setup and with the 275/40r20 fronts it set me back less that $800 for the set. More to come....
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback; eager to see some pics of those wheels and the Falkens.

#31 ·
10.5 w/24-27 offset is perfect. I got my test tire mounted up today for a test fit on Sunday. I tend to stray a bit from the crowd and did not do a 305 or 315 on the rear. I got a Falken Azenia 295/40R20 mounted up today. It has a cross section of 12.3" but measured 12.5" on my 11" rim, it's 1/2" bigger in diameter than a typical 315 and it has a 12"+ wide tread which is 1" wider than most 315's. So this tire/wheel combo looks massive - pics later tonight. I don't track my car, it my DD, so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this setup and with the 275/40r20 fronts it set me back less that $800 for the set. More to come....

#33 ·
Not the best pics but it's snowing outside. I promise better pics on Sunday when I test fit. I know I'll have plastic fender liner to trim and shape and will also have to, at a minimum, hammer the 9:00 & 3:00 chassis bulges flat. Hoping this is all that's needed for clearance. I'm prepared to do what ever it takes. The summer Falken looks very nice and will lay down all 12" of tread. So this is it until Sunday....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.