New Tires - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.
Sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now you have me considering that route. I was going to get the BFG comp2 and put 275 in back with 245 front. Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

2010 brilliant black SRT8 (6 speed). SX (zoomers) exhaust, SX skip shift eliminator, more to come...
"they say the eyes are the window to a man's soul...I'd argue it's the garage door"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Juve, Great looking car. We loved the Sport Comp 2 when we had a chance to test it at the track.
Thanks, I appreciate it..

Since you had these on the track, were they 245's in the front you were testing or larger? And, was it a road course? Just curious. I eventually want to take my car to a road course and I'm just curious how these large tires will handle throwing this car around!

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maggie, the other woman.. ^^^

It's stock.. Really..!

Last edited by WyGoSlw; 11-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Supporting Vendor

We tested them on several vehicles in different sizes. Unfortunately we did not write down the size for each vehicle we were in.

Here is a link to the complete article with photos that we posted on this site.

BFG g-Force Comp-2 Review

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
#14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Juve, Great looking car. We loved the Sport Comp 2 when we had a chance to test it at the track.
Purchased a pair of Sport Comp 2 275/40/20's for the rear of my 2011 from one of your competitors and I must say that I loved the tires while they lasted... problem being they now have 12,000 miles on them and have been smooth the past 1000 plus miles... I'll be placing an order through you in the next day or so for four 245/45/20 falken fk452's and a pair of General G-MAX AS-03's to put on the back for the winter months... thanks for supporting our community!

2011 Challenger R/T Classic,,,,, Tungsten metallic with Red Stripes and a 6 speed
2005 Magnum R/T,,,,Borla cat back K&N CAI, Dropped 2"s SOLD
1967 Belvedere II,,,,440 auto
1949 Plymouth business coupe

Last edited by Hemifried; 11-08-2012 at 09:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemifried For This Useful Post:
Discount Tire (11-08-2012)
#15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chief94CES Send a message via Yahoo to Chief94CES Send a message via Skype™ to Chief94CES
Quote:
We tested them on several vehicles in different sizes. Unfortunately we did not write down the size for each vehicle we were in.

Here is a link to the complete article with photos that we posted on this site.

BFG g-Force Comp-2 Review

Let us know if you have any further questions.
The biggest different I see in the BFG comp2 vs. Nitto Motivo is the tread-wear - I have a 09 SRT8 (stock) and looking to put Nitto Motivo 275/40R20 on all 4 corners.
#16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief94CES View Post
The biggest different I see in the BFG comp2 vs. Nitto Motivo is the tread-wear - I have a 09 SRT8 (stock) and looking to put Nitto Motivo 275/40R20 on all 4 corners.
The other difference is that the Motivo is an all-season performance tire where the Comp2 is a performance summer tire.
#17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 07:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chief94CES Send a message via Yahoo to Chief94CES Send a message via Skype™ to Chief94CES
Guys,

Done a LOT of reading - I know folks have run 275/40R20 on all 4 corners - I like that idea for rotating - is there any reason I should not do this other than the argument the "SRT engineers" don't recommend more than 255 on the front?

I'm ready to buy and I'm looking for feedback on the following

4X Nitto Motivo 275/40R20 on stock SRT Alcoa rims

or

2X Nitto Motivo 275/40ZR20 on stock SRT Alcoa rims (rear)
2X Nitto Motivo 245/45ZR20 on stock SRT Alcoa rims (front)

(I can't find 255/45ZR20 Motivo's for the front, but I'd get that if I could)

Need all season tires for my daily driver. I live in GA (no snow to worry about, just rain). Stock suspension (not lowered).

Thanks in adv!

Mark
#18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 AM

Garage
I went with Nitto 05R drag radials on the rear, pics attached. 315/35/20. They're made for 10" wide wheels, and ours are only 9", but they fit. They bulge out a bit, but I kind of like that. They look mean. They really grab the street too. At the track, I couldn't beat 13.9 b/c my stock tires would spin in 1st and 2nd. When I floored it in 2nd, the tires would spin and skip all the way to red line. I basically got no acceleration in 2nd gear as a result. Put the Nitto 05Rs on and now it sticks good and I can accelerate. Time went down to 13.1. I know I'm supposed to be at 12.5, but my altitude density and heat is high here in Arizona (yeah, that's what I keep telling myself, it's not b/c I don't know how to drive a stick).

I love having the drag radials on my car, but keep in mind, I live in Phoenix Arizona, it doesn't rain much here. And when it does, I drive my truck. I have yet to drive the Challenger in the rain with the drag radials. I imagine my back end would slide around a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	challenger01 (Medium).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	59341   Click image for larger version

Name:	challenger02.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	59342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2156 (Medium).JPG
Views:	622
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	59343  

Last edited by 12drive; 12-24-2012 at 09:09 AM.
#19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12drive View Post
I went with Nitto 05R drag radials on the rear, pics attached. 315/35/20. They're made for 10" wide wheels, and ours are only 9", but they fit. They bulge out a bit, but I kind of like that. They look mean. They really grab the street too. At the track, I couldn't beat 13.9 b/c my stock tires would spin in 1st and 2nd. When I floored it in 2nd, the tires would spin and skip all the way to red line. I basically got no acceleration in 2nd gear as a result. Put the Nitto 05Rs on and now it sticks good and I can accelerate. Time went down to 13.1. I know I'm supposed to be at 12.5, but my altitude density and heat is high here in Arizona (yeah, that's what I keep telling myself, it's not b/c I don't know how to drive a stick).

I love having the drag radials on my car, but keep in mind, I live in Phoenix Arizona, it doesn't rain much here. And when it does, I drive my truck. I have yet to drive the Challenger in the rain with the drag radials. I imagine my back end would slide around a lot.
wow. .8 of a second faster with just the tires with the NItto's? that seems really good to me. i will think of getting those next for time when i get to change the tires ^_^

you think it will do just as good with my SRT8 with just the two back tires radials?
#20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by straps View Post
wow. .8 of a second faster with just the tires with the NItto's? that seems really good to me. i will think of getting those next for time when i get to change the tires ^_^

you think it will do just as good with my SRT8 with just the two back tires radials?
I shaved .8s b/c the stock tires wouldn't stick to the pavement and the Nitto's do. You should only put drag radials on the rear. I kept the stock tires on the front.

--
12drive's 2011 Challenger 392 Inaugural Edition
Pronounced Want To Drive
Blue with white stripe
SpeedLogix Catch Can
Nitto 05R drag radials on rear
93 Octane Diablo Trinity Tune
Hurst Line Lock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode