Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Petty's Garage Strut Tower Brace

12K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  vanquished 
#1 ·
#7 ·
If you get the single bar there is no drilling, the cowl does not have to come off.

Reactions: Darkknight2013
#6 ·
Yes front and rear, fantastic quality and service. Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Custom car
Audio equipment Bumper Subwoofer Vehicle Automotive exterior

Reactions: 19johned53
#10 ·
strut tower covers

i saw a guy that went to home depot and bought pvc pipe caps.he painted them and put them over the 6 bolts and two bigger caps over the center of each strut and you could not tell.it looked like it came that way

#11 ·
#12 ·
I used the ACC kit on my Mopar front brace, but didn't use the bolt covers. This kit should work on the Petty front brace too.

I was too cheap to go the billet route, and liked the tad of chrome under the hood.

I do love the Petty bracing. I bought the 4 point rear after I already had the Mopar front bracing. I'm happy with the Mopar, but would highly consider the Petty front if I did it again...............only because I'm so impressed with Petty's workmanship/design and quality level.

Good stuff.

ACC cover:

#25 ·
Ok...so I am ready to order the strut tower brace from Petty's Garage but I'm torn between the silver powder coated and the black powder coated. My car is black but I'm considering the silver to add a bit of color to my engine bay and I also think it will look nice with the silver "392 Hemi" covers.

#26 ·
Hmm, contrasting colors look good, how about RED

What color stripes do you have???

#33 ·
Silver will look good, especially if you add billet dress up items like polished/satin catch can, washer cap cover, rad cap etc, it will all tie in. I always try to have a plan and stick to it.

Reactions: 19johned53
#35 ·
Hey Everyone,

I too am an owner of the Petty's Garage strut tower brace (I love it).

I lost the installation paper apparently, so I'm trying to install it on my Challenger tonight, does anyone know or remember the correct torque specs for the nuts?

I have a '15 Challenger RT with STP.

Thanks!

#36 ·
Hey Everyone,

I too am an owner of the Petty's Garage strut tower brace (I love it).

I lost the installation paper apparently, so I'm trying to install it on my Challenger tonight, does anyone know or remember the correct torque specs for the nuts?

I have a '15 Challenger RT with STP.

Thanks!

I believe it's somewhere between 25 and 35 lbs/ft.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.