Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Rear strut brace.. Worth the effort and cost?

10K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  O_Racing 
#1 ·
I have a front brace and am looking at the arched rear brace. I am wondering if people who have got one noticed a difference and if it worth the hassle of cutting up you rear trunk liner....

#6 ·
Yes it helps, its a slight but noticeable difference. Petty's garage makes a nice brace,

Reactions: 19johned53
#13 ·
#10 ·
The install was easy. Cutting the liner is the nature of the beast - be precise and/or by the $40 plastic filler plates.

The rear had a habit of coming around too easily this spring during autocross. After installing the rear strut brace the oversteer was reduced.

I like the convenience of how the REM arched brace retains trunk space and pass-through capability.

Attachments

Reactions: Speedr8cer82
#12 ·
Rear brace

I have one in my 2015, that I took out of my 2010. Search YouTube for Hurst upgrade for 2015 Challenger, and you'll see 3 of my videos. They contain photos of my trunk. I let Car Toys cut two very nice holes into the trunk liner to install my Mopar rear tower brace. Well worth it. Just not so much fun if you do it yourself. I've tried. $100 for the install. Check your local Car Toys.

Attachments

#15 ·
'12 SRT8. I have both the front and rear four point braces and subframe connectors also, all from Razor's Edge. The car already had KW coilovers. There is a major difference in handling and ride is unaffected, IMO. I would definitely recommend doing both the front and rear braces. I like the Razor's Edge product, but there are plenty of other good ones.

#16 ·
If you only do street driving no point really.

Now if you drive on public roads like it's your personal track then ok may be

First the best rims and tires you can afford for what you intend to do

Think of these gears as tools to do a job. This is how in racing it happens. What is your goal and job to do and what tools do I need to achieve that.

That's the context in which you can decide. Just sayin'

Then coil overs, the best ones.

Then bushings, not that many around for us. Front Radius arm is a must.

Then brace

With the coils and the bushings you will be twisting that unibody so bad if you drive like a man then yes braces will help you

ODP

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 ·
But a twisting unibody is good especially in rain like condition it gives the car a bit of compliance inherently which is needed when doing spirited driving under the rain.

ODP

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.