Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Replace brembo pads with Powerstop?

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  drummer1 
#1 ·
Anyone here using pads from Powerstop to replace their Brembos? If so how do they perform as compared to the original Brembos? I am aware that they seem to produce much less dust, which is what I'm after, but am concerned about any performance loss. In my case it is only street driven, no track days or anything. What say you?

#7 ·
Thank you all for your replies..

For those of you using the Powerstop Z26 pads specifically, are they really almost dust free? If not, could you quantify the dust reduction amount as compared to the factory Brembos? Do they produce 50% less dust 80% or..? I am only interested in how they compare to the factory Brembos. Otherwise it's sort of apples to oranges sort of comparison.
Thanks again!

#8 ·
I purchased Z26 front and rear pads for my 2017 SRT 392 to replace the stock Brembo pads and did the swap yesterday when I swapped my Winter Wheels/Tires to the stock wheels and summer tires. Installation is very simple. I did the bed procedure, 5 45-10 and 5 35-5 aggressive stops in succession and then the cool down. Drove the car last nigh and I can say less initial bite then the Brembo pads so they feel different and Ill let you know about the brake dust after I put a few trips on it.

BTW...the SRT has 2,700 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.