Dodge Challenger Forum banner

replace pads

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  us1champ 
#1 ·
i need some thoughts on this.

my car has just over 3000 miles on it.. brembo brakes.. as you know the stock pads are horrible for dust.. Well i thought about buying aftermarket pads and just using them on the current rotors i have..BUT i am worried about vibrations shakes ect with the pads being seated on the current rotors.

To my knowledge you can't turn slotted or drilled rotors.. If i am wrong someone please let me know.

My question is do you think i could get away with replacing just the pads on my set up and keep my stock rotors.. or am i going to run into issues with pedal feed back, shakes ect. I am anal about things and can feel even the slightest thing off i am like a hawk lol.. so

what do you think

IF i do switch pads.. what brand.. ebc.. hawk, anyone used SATISFIED??

thanks
chris

#2 ·
I used StopTech and Hawk. I left the stock rotors on with no issues.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
so out of the hawk and stop tech which do you like better and is there a particular model? also. how many miles was on your guys rotors when you did the swap? and does it stop as good now with the aftermarket pads as it did with the OEM?

sorry i just don't want to do this more than once.. if i have to buy new rotors and pads so be it but that is about a grand and i don't want to do that if i don't have to.

any thoughts on EBC?

thanks again
chris

#6 ·
the Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads would be the way to go - much less dust than the other composite versions.

#8 ·
do any of you think it will be a issue putting new pads on used rotors like that? i have concerns.

also where is the best place to buy these HAWK pads?

#9 ·
With only 3000 miles on it, new pads on the rotors shouldn't be an issue. I don't think the rotors have even had time to warp.

#10 ·
Betcha I could warp them in 3 miles if I tried...all you need is a lotta heat and cool down cycles.

Just replace the pads already...Hawk, EBC, Duralast Gold CMax...whatever, they will all be better than the Brembo's.

#11 ·
Turning rotors seemed to have been forgotten unless you have drum brakes, lots of shops just install new pads and skip the rotors. You'll be fine with new pads, the brake dust is a headache.

#14 ·
If you are not experiencing pulsation with the old pads, you should not feel any with the new pads, pads don't pulsate, rotors do. You may hear a little noise while the new pads seat.

#16 ·
thanks for the info

as for mods.. i don't post that stuff.. nothing to boast about as far a i am concerned.. nothing like a supercharger yet.. typical stuff cai programmer ect.
stock tires and rims. and no this is not a race track car.

i guess i will give some different pads a run and see what happens. i just didn't want issue's with pedal feed back after i changed pads on used rotors. my concern was i have done this before with other cars and gotten feed back in the pedal after i did this and don't want that to happen here.. the other car didn't have BREMBO"S but typical rotors and pads nothing special.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.