Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Seeing "Red" - What do you think?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  raceheart77 
#1 ·
OK, without getting all "tuner-ish", I love the idea of colored rims - specifically, anodized wheels.

I took about 2-1/2 years choosing my last set of shoes - I have to say I love the black and red combination, similar to the seats in my 8.

Take a look, rims would be the Lexani R-Eights (or similar) in chrome. Now, I want the chrome so that when I have them power coated, they have the anodized look and not a painted look.

These in combination with my brilliant black crystal 8 I feel would be a great look - similar to the bronze wheels on some...what do you think?

The rim color is called "Lollipop Red"...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Love the rims! Like the color. Don't like colored rims. To me rims/wheels should be of some type of "metal" color. That's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#3 · (Edited)
Remember two things first and formost ... 1 - It's your car ... 2 - It's a Retro designed car. IMO the anodized Red looks Import-like. The Chrome is classic and you have chosen a modern classic design. If you like some Red accent picture the chrome with a 1/4-inch pinstripe tape around the tire rim area of the wheel as an accent. I did this on my 2009 BB SRT wheel (no pics yet) and have actually had more than enough people ask where did I get the wheels. It looked that good as an accent. Plus if you don't care for it later on, it is easily removed. I did this while it was still warm (August, if heat is needed to adhere the pinstripe use a hairdryer once the tape is applied and rub it with your fingers - approximately 15-20 minutes each wheel allowing time to cool between heat application) and now it is November with no issues concerning peeling off. In addition, it only cost $5. and I still have enough pinstriping to do a second time if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.